www.billofrights.org

Thursday, October 7, 2010

hiding in plain sight

i really never thought it was a crime to be homeless. i always thought that it was a damn shame. apparently the j.s.o. (Jacksonville sheriff office) thinks that it is. they will roust you up any where that they can find you, and their aways looking, a give you a ticket for an ungodly amount of money, and throw you in jail the next time that they catch you.
now i'm appalled by these actions. the law enforcement is a branch of the government, who take great pleasure in harassing the homeless. don't they think that we have enough going on without them harassing us? i was really naive. i though that they are supposed to protect and serve? this really angers me!! i don't think that anybody should be mistreated, especially when they are trying to hide to get some rest.
now, i hide in plain sight from them, but i was smart about it. there is an off ramp from one of the interstates located just west of downtown. i sleep there behind a 150 foot wire fence, with 20 crape Myrtle trees planted if front of them. the road in front of me is east bound, and no one can see me for the brush until they are right on me, and they have to be looking.
the only problem is there is a parking lot across the street that usually pretty vacant, but the j.s.o. likes to pull in the back of it, and do whatever they want to do. you can see that we are both doing the same thing. were hiding in plain sight. if they ever see me, and they have a hard on to give me a ticket, then there are going to have to work for it. if you think about what i just said, then you will understand.
i woke up late this morning. what actually woke me up was i had to tinkle like a big ole teddy bear. i started to say that i jumped up, but that would have been a lie. now a days it's a little more complex that simply jumping up, especially from flat on the ground. anyway,.............i managed to get up, and walked several feet away to tinkle. when i turned around i heard a strange noise, and saw the j.s.o. parked in the parking lot. i just eased back on my blanket, and waited on him to leave for 30 minutes.
after he left i finished packing my bag, and i headed for the sky way train. i think that is sweet that i can ride from down town to my covey hole. it's only a two block walk from the last stop. it only cost 50 cents to ride, and most of the time i have it, but the times i don't have it i still ride it, if you know what i mean!!
i always take my garbage with me, and i don't disrespect my camping place. it was nice to know that they did cut my grass yesterday while i was gone. they were even nice enough to leave my water jug right where i had left it.
i know that most folks don't care about cleaning up behind themselves, but i do. i actually cleaned out my spot when i first found it. there is so many laws in place in jax that being homeless is actually a crime. i'm trying to obey the biggest part that i can, but if i ever cross paths with the wrong one, then i'm a goner anyway.
the strange thing is that i feel more sorrow for the others, than i do for myself. every morning when i awake i thank God for the soundness of mind that i actually have, and ask for the courage to hold my integrity through out my day. i know that i'm blessed, where so many of the others are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment