www.billofrights.org

Friday, October 3, 2014

Testimony Service


I remember as a kid in church services, in the church that I attend, during most of the night services, we were given an opportunity to testify. I realize that the event of the testimony was a mere forty years. I really don’t see the opportunity being given, in the modern day church today. I know there are still churches that do it freely, and it is not set up to go that way. A lot of churches worship our Living God by a script, and if anything varies from that script, people get nervous. 

Have you ever stood up where you were setting, and gave the Lord testimony?         It can be a liberating experience, especially when there was no hope, and the Lord stepped in. I find it a wonderful event when a person comes to the point, of the revelation, that we are not in charge of anything, and the Lord is!! I believe that we should honor our God, with showers of praise, while in the church setting.




 Matthew 10:32  Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. 



Some of today’s churches are so large that, there is no time to give God praise, outside of the script. I really see something personally wrong with a church this large, which the praise for our God is limited. I am certain that we have lost the meaning for our Creation to begin with. The entire purpose that we are even here is to have relationship and fellowship with God our Creator. 

Do you ever leave a church service disappointed?  I am not talking about being convicted of sin in your life.  If the man of God preaches sin, then it has to affect some of us. Going to church should not leave with this warn feeling in our heart?  How can we enter into the presence of a Holy God, and leave felling that everything is great about us?   Should not that be the mission that we are on?    Isn’t that the reason that we go to worship?

The disappointment that I am talking about is when God does show up, but remains silent in the corner. The problem is that God is not shy. He is not enjoying the service, so much, that He doesn’t want to interrupt us in anyway.       Do you know what the problem really is?      It is the same problem that always happens between us and God. The problem is us!!

Are we really worshiping our creator, because of He is who He is?   Do we even know who, and what that He is?   I wonder how many of us relate the word Holy with God in our worship service?   I am not picking on anybody, because I have a major issue with realizing what the word Holy truly means when connected with my Father God. The real problem comes with this verse.

1Peter 1:16  Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.



The only way that we can achieve the state of being Holy is by accepting the work of the cross, and the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. Jesus took on our sins, and paid the price of our redemption. The important thing to know, and realize is why that He done this. If you’re thinking that Heaven is the answer, then you are wrong. Heaven is a simply a by-product of Salvation, and it will always be there.


John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
 
The truth is Jesus, and Jesus is the only person that knows the way back to the Father. The only way to the Father, is through a relationship with Jesus. Since Jesus is the truth He is going to teach us how to live a new life, a full life, and a life of total dependence on Him.  The only way to achieve this is through the son.

I am getting off track, because we were talking about the church services. He services seem to be colder, compared to when I was a boy.   Do you think this is because we praise ourselves much more that God?     Can I submit to you, the way that the praise and worship should be conducted, by the Word of God? 

Psalms 100:1  A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.






I believe that this is self-explanatory. The only problem that, I might would see is the third verse. Know ye that the LORD he is God:    The church supposed to be where the sinners give their lives over to Jesus Christ.  Have you noticed all the posers, which sit in the pews every Sunday, faking a move?  Most of them are harmless. They are just taking up space.  Most of the real children of God can spot them easy.   Do you know why?     Lack of relationship!!    Ain’t God Good?

                   ….Much Love                  

No comments:

Post a Comment