www.billofrights.org

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Challenge Ministries International

There is a man of God here in Jacksonville that I really like to listen to his preaching. His name is Bob Martin, and he is the Senior Pastor, of Challenge Ministries International. I have never seen this man in person, or even a picture of him. His church is way the other side of the city, and I don’t even know if I could get there on the city bus.
I do enjoy listening to his radio broadcast on AM 1050 WROS. The rose of Jacksonville is the stations theme. This man has led me in the right direction, as far as what I should be praying for, because of all the corruption taking place. I can’t say for sure, I believe this man is like King David. I believe that he is a man, after God’s own heart.
Anyway, I was listening yesterday morning, and he said something to the effect of, “What am I believing God for?” I suddenly went into some serious deep thought, on that question. I am a man of few real needs, and the Lord has supplied the biggest part already. I am talking about personal needs.
I thought long and hard, and the only thing that came into my mind, was a refrigerator. I had ask Jesus for one when I moved into my home. I simply trusted that when the time was right, for me to have one, that it would be supplied. I never gave it a second thought, and went on my daily way.
There is a dumpster in front of the building that I live in. I noticed that somebody had thrown a refrigerator beside the dumpster. I am speaking of a room sized refrigerator. The kind you would find in a studio apartment. That is exactly what I would need, but I gave no mind to it. The folks that I live around have so much greed, that it couldn’t possibly be working.
I made several trips out of the house yesterday. Every time that I came back to the house, I would notice that refrigerator sitting there, in the same spot. I was sticking to my guns that it was worthless, and never went over to look at it. Actually, I never even considered that it might have been sitting there, hidden in the wide open, and preserved for me.
I went to my room, and started engaging in my normal routine. I am definitely a creature of habit, and rarely differ from my own norm. It was about two hours later that I went to shower.  On the way back my buddy saw me, and told me about that refrigerator sitting, beside the dumpster. He said that one of his friends had set it there, and the only thing that was wrong was the door didn’t close properly.
He had got a different one, because he was tired of taping the door shut, every time that he opened it. “Are you serious,” I asked him? Then we both broke toward the front door of the building. I realized at the point and time that I had almost missed, what Father was telling me that morning. I brought it up to my room, and plugged it in, and put a small strip of tape on it to keep the door closed. I felt of it in about thirty minutes, and it was cool to the touch.
I left it plug up all night, and this morning I open the door upon rising. It was plenty cold, and working fine. I sprayed the excess tape residue with WD40, and it cleaned up well. I wrapped a bungee cord around it, and now I have a perfectly good, working refrigerator. It was a fine gift from Father!! It will save me about two dollars a day, because of buying ice for my cooler.
I am very excited about anything, which Jesus does for me!! It doesn’t really matter what it might be, because if Jesus does it, then I am excited about it. Do you know what I have done with this refrigerator? I placed oil that had been prayed over on this refrigerator, and dedicated it back to the one that gave it to me!!
That is what I do, and have done, with everything that has come my way. I give Honor to my Lord, and offer it right back. That is the only way that I have found to keep the things, which I have in good working order. 1Corinthians 10:26  For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.
I really believe that one scripture explains to me that I don’t own anything, and anything, which I have, is only on loan from Father. The truth is ever since I have taken on this attitude; my life is a lot simpler, and much smoother. I definitely have an attitude of gratitude, and don’t mind giving praise when it is due!!
Do you realize that the word, praise is used in the book of Psalms one-hundred, and sixty times? If David thought that praise was vital enough to mention praise that many times, then I must agree with him. The entire one-hundred, and fiftieth Psalm, is about praise, and this is what it ends with.   Psalms 150:6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.
Well James that is great, but what does that have to do, with what you started out writing about?      It has everything to do with it!!  The reason that I was blessed with the refrigerator is because I praise the Lord, in good times, and less than good times. To most people, it is nothing more than junk found out by the dumpster. However to me it is a blessing, from my Father.
Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.  It is also a sign of my faith is working, and what Father does for me, He will also do for you!!   Romans 2:11  For there is no respect of persons with God.            Ain’t God good?
        …..Much Love

4 comments:

  1. James, I've known Pastor Bob Martin for quite a number of years and was a member of his church when I lived in Jacksonville. Pastor Bob is a godly man, anointed to shepherd and teach God's people the Word. He's the real deal and walks the talk. I'm so glad the Lord blessed you with Pastor Bob's ministry!
    James, may the Lord continue to bless you for His Glory!
    Jerry McClellan
    Marietta, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. James: I too was in Brother Bob's church for many, many years. His teachings brought me from being a spiritual babe in Christ to a mature believer, firmly grounded in my faith and able to help others while still growing myself. He is as humble and honest a preacher as one can find that refuses to compromise God's Word. I live in another city now but his teachings stay with me to this day. Be blessed as you grow in the Lord, brother. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been listening to Pastor Bob Martin on WWCR (8:00PM, M-F shortwave) for five years. He's sermons got me back to praying and Bible reading and to knock it off with the lukewarmness and backsliding. He tells it like it is with conviction.
    Charlotte --- Utica, MS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah.. his gillette razor theology made sense.. use a razor blade all in your bible to cut things out that bother you..and you will come up with an edited bible that tells you that you have nothing to worry about.. Yeah Bob..I did see him live in Mobile Alabama in the 90's..he scared me when he walked on stage there were 2 men walked up the isle in trench coats.. like deacons.. I do not think he had anything to do with it but I got up and left..I swear when I got up he looked right at me and stared at me leaving .. In my mind at the moment I thought he was thinking "I lost one already" I will never forget that.. He started off anti rapture.. but like most.. all believers raptured in later radio.. I just say - anyone on radio or TV - flee.. a true prophet will come as a homeless man

    ReplyDelete