www.billofrights.org

Monday, September 9, 2013

A Bunch of Crooks

I been thinking here lately about a certain question; do you think, that we concern ourselves with too many details? As for me personally, I like details. I really like to be able to explain to you, in great boring detail, the things that concern me. I like to know exactly how everything works in great detail. I like to know when something is going to stop working also, so I can prepare ahead of time. That is just the way that I am, and that is how I operate.
I would like to do this in my walk with Jesus. Unfortunately, if I am not told exactly about a thing, or given clues, then I am stuck. Although, there are folks, that go to school to learn how to preach, the Word of God. I remember a time when Holy Spirit called them into the ministry. Once He had called them, He also taught those which He called, what that they should say.
I am not saying anything bad about educating yourself, even if you have been called to minister. However, I do believe that a lot of folks that have not even been Saved enroll in these classes. If you are wonder which ones that I might be talking about, all you need to do is turn on your television set. I am not talking about every church that has a service on T.V. I am talking about the ones that are filthy rich, and still screaming that they are broke!!         I need to move past this, because if I don’t I will start naming names.
It amazes me the victims that these folks entice, in the name of the Lord. I know, because at one point in time I was one of them!! I didn’t go to church very often, but I would still tithe to the Lord. I was making really decent money at that time, and I never failed to tithe my ten percent off the top.
I had four television Evangelists that I supported. One was out in the State of Texas, which I partnered with, and helped purchase a brand new Citation Ten Lear Jet.  One was in Louisiana, and a Cajun funny man. Another was from College Park Georgia, whom went to jail for beating his daughter up. The other one was a female minister from Branson Missouri, whom is living really lavishly.
I don’t believe that sending my tithe’s to these crooked folks was wrong though. I sent my tithe to the Lord. It was just through their ministry. If I ever sent another tithe to any of these crooked folks, it would be on me then. Knowledge is power, and knowing what they are now, I would be as guilty as they are!!
Do you remember when Jesus got angry, with the activities going, on in the temple?  These are those verses, and I feel the same way about these crooks, that beg in the name of Father.
Matthew 21:12  And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves, Matthew 21:13  And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.
I believe that Jesus set the tone on the next verse of how we should act. Matthew 21:14  And the blind and the lame came to him in the temple; and he healed them. Now ain’t that just like our Jesus?  Immediately, Jesus calmed on down and continued with His earthly mission.
These verses should speak volumes to us as Disciples of Jesus. As far as I know by the Bible this is the only time, that Jesus was provoked to any type of violence. In the book of John it says that Jesus made a scourge of small cords, and drove them out. A scourge is a whip, or a lash intended to be used as public punishment.
Ok, with all this can you just see Jesus, running a bunch of grown men out of the temple. Even if He never hit anybody with that whip that He had made, he must have been beating the tables with it. Jesus was probably shouting as He struck the tables, and turned them over. I can’t see how it was nothing less than a wild scene!! There had to be feathers flying in the air, from the birds that were in the cages that He set free. It had to be a sight of total chaos!!
With all this going on at that point in time, there was still something else happening. There were blind and lame folks, which simply could not let this opportunity pass. They didn’t care if Jesus had just put on, a great display of anger. They understood who Jesus was, and they believed that He could heal them.
What does our Word say that they done?     The blind and the lame came to Him!!  It is the same as we do, when in need.    We come to Him!!     These folks were taking a chance. Jesus might have strapped them with the whip that He had made. If He was like most of us when we have a bought with anger, they would have heard something along the lines of no. except I am put that politely.
We have an open invitation to come to Jesus now. Hebrews 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. I really can’t think of a time that I am not in need, of the Lords help!! It is great that we have an open invitation to come.
Come is a great word spoken, on our behalf. In the book of Revelation, the word come is spoken in one verse, three times. This is the thought that I want to leave you with, on this post.
Revelation 22:17  And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.     Ain’t God good? 
          …..Much Love                   

No comments:

Post a Comment