www.billofrights.org

Monday, January 28, 2013

He is an Evangelist named Nathan Morris


You probably wont be able to read this until sometime tomorrow, because I will not be going to a place where I will have access to the Internet today. I really need to hang kinda close to my living quarters today. Nothing is wrong. I am not sick, or anything like that. I did have an unusual, and I can't stress that word enough today in church. It was not an ordinary Sunday by a long shot. I am not quite sure if I have processed the events that happened today yet to give them the full credit that is deserved.
We were supposed to have a special guest preacher to bring the word this morning. Something happened to cause him to cancel less than 24 hours away. However, he did send a young man in his place. He is an Evangelist named Nathan Morris. He grew up in Yorkshire England, and spent some time in the continents of Africa, and India. The last few years he has been in Mobile Alabama involved in a revival. You heard me right. That revival is still going on today!!   Apparently the events for that revival have made the national news more that once. I believe it is called the bay street revival. I am sorry if this isn't right, because I had a lot to take in this morning. I want to stress that this is a man of God. God is doing these miracles through His servant Nathan. I just want to make that clear, because simply looking at the events taking place it could cause some confusion.
I have been in the presence of God working through a couple different preachers before. I want to make it very clear, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I have never been in the presence of God like I was today. This is a story for the logs of the twilight zone. That is as close as I can put it, except it was from the God zone!!   
I felt an unusually high presence of God in the service this morning. When we sung that first song I just felt that his was going to be one of those high energy days. This is nothing not ordinary for my church. God shows up in some form, or fashion every time that we have a service. This is why that I am a member in this church. I love to be in the presence of God!!
Another thing that happened to me personally today was that I shed a few tears of joy and sorrow. Now, I am used to being moved by the Spirit, and most of the time it manifest in one of two ways. It is either that I cry a little bit, or I laugh. Today was a day that I had no control in either direction. I cried like a baby, and I also laughed uncontrollably. It was almost like my emotions were out of control like when I was coming off the Paxcil. This was going on while Nathan was still preaching the message.
There was so much going on today that I can't recall but certain events. I can't tell you much about the sermon, and I can't tell you much of what happened after the sermon. I know that I had just about all that I could take today, and that is all that I can give you.
I know that God was at work in several different peoples lives today. The fact that I was on the sideline as a witness to events going on before me was amazing to say the least. I hate to admit this, simply because I thought that I was past this in my relationship with God. The presence of Almighty God was real in that service this morning that it was over-whelming!!
I was scared!! I really can't explain this. I don't know how to tell it to make any sense. It was not that I was scared in the kind of way to wet my pants. For the first time in my life I was in the presence of God, and I knew that without any doubts kinda scared!! It was the first time that I have suffered fear in a enjoyable way. If that makes any kind of sense.
I cried tears because I really knew for the first time that I didn't make the grade, and I think that I understood the true blessing of mercy. I always knew that the only reason that I can even be in the presence of God is because of Jesus. Today however, I felt smaller that I ever have before. I immediately went to taking with my Father. I told Him how scared that I was, and that I wanted to run away. I told Him that I wouldn't run, but I was not going to move a muscle. I don't know if I could have moved if I had really wanted to move. I think that I was paralyzed by Father's Awesomeness that surrounded me.
I don't know if everybody there was even having an experience close to the one that I was having today. I do know if God had showed Himself more real to me today that He did, I don't think that I could have took it!! Furthermore, I can't believe how much space that I have already taken up in telling just this much of the story today. There will be a part two...........

…..........Much love


2 comments:

  1. Nathan Morris Is in Louisville, Ky I can't waiting to feel the anointing. I have heard wonderful thing of the man of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John the Baptist said, " I have seen and do testify that this (Jesus) is God's chosen one." Nathan has been raised up by God to make Jesus known to this generation. Please pray that Nathan will keep HUMBLE as God continues to use him more and more. James

    ReplyDelete