www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Follow a pattern of love, and not hate


Well.....Would you just look at me!!      I am writing to y'all while I am burning my first ever attempt at a DVD.    I spent the Holiday yesterday over at a friends house working on his wife’s computer. I spent appropriately six hours working on it. It was all messed up. It threw a fit of rebellion at first. It was so jammed up, that it didn't even want to do what I commanded it to do. After all that time spent working with her computer it still needs another six hours invested in deleting programs, and cleaning it up!! I wish that I had the operating system disk. It would have been easier to start over from scratch.
Anyway,.......I went all through that to say that she gave me some blank DVD'S. I have never even tried to burn one, but I am now. I already think that I've ran into a problem, but only time will tell. I will master this situation, because it will help fund myself  while I am waiting to get approved for my check. I don't understand why, but it seems the Government wants a person to suffer worse than they ever have while they wait.
I laugh every time I think about that statement!!      They are going to have a real hard time making me suffer worse than I ever have before.     I have done some degrading things, simply to survive before.       Most of the things that I have done were more degrading to those that saw me doing them. I grew to a point where nothing was degrading to me any longer    . It was simply survival, and we are built with that mode already installed!!
I guess that about the only thing that I ever did was pick cigarette butts up off the ground to smoke. I had a severe smoking addiction.    It was so bad that I felt like I would die, if I couldn't smoke. I have walked a lot of miles in the city, going from butt tray, to butt tray, and all over the ground. This is sad to say, but like most things that I done in survival made, .......I perfected an art form of it.     I learned where to go, and what time to go, because every place was different.
I have tried several times to quit, and several times have failed. It didn't matter how long that I was locked up, nor how many times that I have been forbidden to smoke. I have always started back. This is the most powerful addiction that I have ever tackled in my life. I have tried everything except hypnosis. I have wore the patches, and chewed the gum. I have tried some bazaar behaviors to attempt quitting, and nothing worked.
Then I simply humbled myself before Jesus, and gave Him control over my addiction.    You know,......It still wasn't easy to quit, but in time it got more doable.      I thank Him everyday that I don't require tobacco in my life to live.     When I smell smoke it is such a turn off now, and I find myself looking for ways to stay upwind from those that smoke.      Honestly, I detest smoking now, and everything about it!!
My first DVD turned out with some stuff on it that I have no idea where it came from. Somehow though it did get a couple really decent movies on it. Now I just need to see if it will play on the television. I am going to give this to a friend of mine that owes me money. He borrowed five bucks in November, because of his phone. He promised that he would pay it back on December 12th, and look it is already January 22. The other night he was needing a few cents to buy a coke or something. I told him that it would disgrace myself if I gave him anymore money for anything.
He said that he knew that he owed me money, and he would pay it back.      I told him that was good.        He should always do what he says that he will do.       I went on to explain that out of good conscious that I could never loan him any money again.       That we were still friends, but there will not be any money involved between us.      I will give him the DVD out of love.       Five dollars is not enough money to destroy a relationship over.
I thank my relationship with Jesus causes me to follow a pattern of love, and not hate.      I have got in knock down, drag out fights before for less than five dollars.      I believe this is a much better way to live my life.       Learning lessons as I go, and keeping my priorities in order.      It is great to realize that I do have choices, and choices effect my life.

…........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment