www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

God Help Us!!

I can’t say that I have ever read the Bible throughout. I know that I have read a lot of the Bible, and sometimes my memory might fail. Every now and then I read, or re-read a passage of scripture where the light comes on. I am not one of those that can quote complete passages of the Bible, or even many verses with the addresses included.

I was doing a word search the other day. I can’t even remember what the word was, but it led me to a chapter in the book of first Chronicles.       Don’t you love the modern technology concerning the Bible?  I was amazed at the act of worship that King David was leading, because of the presence, of the Ark of the Covenant, of the Lord. 

I would recommend that every one that reads this post, take time to read the entire chapter of the sixteenth book of first Chronicles. You will notice with quickness, that our worship has changed dramatically. I know that we don’t burn offering of sacrifice anymore, but that is not what I am talking about either. This is the verse that most amazed me. 

1Chronicles 16:29  Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness

 This is something, which I think that we have gotten so far away from, in our worship.  I don’t think that we can even do what this says to do. How can we give unto the Lord the glory due to His name? 

I don’t think that we can bring this glory to Him. The meaning of the word glory is described as brilliant radiant beauty, a state of high honor, splendor, magnificence, and adoration.  Even though that I don’t think that it be possible, we still try. We try to show our love for Him; for all that He is to us.

I know that I am going to ruffle some religious feathers here. Although, that does not matter, because all this is about, improving our worship. I really feel that most times our praise to the living God, to the One who snatched out from the fiery flames, the One who had great compassion on us. The One that endured the cross, and was resurrected on the third day, so that we might have life, and have life more abundantly. (John 10:10)

I really feel that most of the time our worship to Him is lame and pathetic!!  Just so you know, and realize I am in the same boat. We offer a feeble attempt, to give glory to the One, which deserves all the glory, by ourselves.    OK,….James.    What are you taking about?    We don’t do it by ourselves, because we have the entire church with us.      OK, …so it is a pathetic group effort!!

Why is it that we can have worship to the living God when a part is missing?   We know that nobody comes to the Lord unless the Spirit draws them. If that be true, then why do we think that we can have a service of worship without Him?  We just expect Father to be in our worship, and we expect Jesus to be there also.  When we spend any time at all asking, for the presence of the Holy Spirit in our worship, we are looked at like a bunch of fools!!

We have well known preachers, and theologians saying, that Holy Spirit doesn’t manifest, in those kinds of ways.     In what kind of ways?  This is what Jesus said at one time. Mark 9:23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

I have to tell you there is a limit to my faith. I spent some of today looking at video from folks that handle poisonous snakes in their church services. You know I wish that I could get to the point of trusting my God that much, not that I want to handle any snake. I tend to look at this as a, thou shall not temp thy Lord thy God kinda deal. (Matthew 4:7)

However, I fear the Lord too much to fault them. Jesus said, if we can believe, all things are possible!! The presence of Holy Spirit is a no brainer!!  The Word of God talks about Him being a part of the trinity. The Holy Spirit is God, and I believe that He should be our first contact in worship.
 John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

ATTENTION: The Spirit of Truth is here!!   Don’t you think that we need a guide, into all truth?  Some of us could benefit with any truth!! We are so lost in our attempt to worship our God. I don’t know if it’s the fact that we simply don’t know Him. It might be the fact, that we don’t believe what we read about Him, in the Bible.

I do think that the fact that we can’t comprehend, what has truly taken place inside of us, has a lot to do, with our lack of worship. Don’t you think if we truly realized what has taken place, that we would spend a lot more time in worship?  Here a thought!!   If we really realized what has taken place, don’t you think that we would be spending all of our time in worship?

No way James,…that would be just like Heaven!!        Hmmm….
Ain’t God good?

       ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment