www.billofrights.org

Friday, March 25, 2011

morning bliss

five o' clock came early this morning.  i really don't recon that it came any earlier than normal. it was the fact that i was awake at that time today.   could this be the start of an old trend?   ever since the time changed my internal clock has been completely out of whack. i used to get up at this time a lot of days, but with the time change i call ten an early start to the day.
before my eyes even opened up this morning i was laying in my bed thinking. the fan was blowing on me, and every window in the house was open. i thought how nice it is to simply lay here in the comfort of my bed with a gentle breeze blowing over me. the fan drowned out the noise of the city. i knew that the city had came to life whether i could hear it or not.
i finally rolled over to look at the clock..........5 A.M...............shoot,.......i thought,.........I'm going back to sleep. i haven't saw this time of day in a few weeks!!       needless to say, i tossed, and turned for another hour threatening to get up, and start my day, but it wasn't even daylight yet.  when does it get daylight i wondered?
i looked at the clock the last time at 6:15. i knew that i had to make a move. daylight couldn't be that far away now.     suddenly,...........it donned on me that something was out of the ordinary.             i felt good today!!   how does that happen, after i spent the last two days near death?        i quickly decided that i wasn't going to question it. i was simply gonna go with the flow of things today.
i've piddled around here this morning, and done absolutely nothing to amount to anything.  i opened my cooler, and the smell of last nights tuna salad almost knocked me down!!         make a note to yourself,.........the next time that you put tuna salad in the cooler, make sure that it's in an airtight container.                   i quickly found what was left of my ice, and poured one of the two cans of soda that i had left.  most folks my age does coffee in the mornings. actually, i'm more content with a glass of cola over ice. i'm different from most folks, and i really like most of the differences.
before i even noticed that daybreak has hit this morning, it sounded like every bird in Jax was outside my window. singing their morning praises to the Creator, for another day in the life. i get great comfort in the birds morning song. i had been sleeping through it, but this morning was different. today would be totally different. i'm not sure how,..............maybe nothing would be different,................except my attitude, and how alive that i felt this morning!!
over the years i finally come to notice that my attitude affects everything in my life. you know,........i've tried to keep a good one, but sometimes the weight of the world comes bearing down so hard, and thing just seem to fly from every direction, at the same time. that is seems almost impossible to be grateful. even though,.........there is always something to be grateful, and thankful for, sometimes we lose sight of what really matters the most.
the things that really matter the most in this world, are probably a little different for me than most others. i've never been married, and i don't have any children, so that right there makes a difference. i do have friends, and they are very important to me. i do have some family, and that's a story in itself.
i guess most of the things that are really important to me are self-centered. the only issue that i really have right now is with my health. honestly,......i have a lot worse days than i do good here lately. i don't blame anybody other that myself. i should have prepared better for the future that i never thought that i would have.
i don't know what today holds for me. i really don't have a clue. it could be my last day on this planet, and that would be OK also. all i know for sure, is what ever comes my way today,.........i want it to find me happy, and at peace with myself. i have no more fires to set, or put out. i simply want to coexist with my surroundings, and live another day. 
i don't really think that is too much for anybody to ask.           do you?        just remember today, or whenever that you chose to............tell somebody that you love, that you do love them!!       it will put a smile on their face, and at the same time put a smile on your heart!!

             ..............much love

No comments:

Post a Comment