www.billofrights.org

Monday, January 17, 2011

family blood

I'm going to talk about something that i rarely talk about, and that is my father's side of my family. the reason that i don't talk about them much is the fact that i really never got a chance to know them. there was real bad blood between my father, and mother, so she did all that she could to keep me from the other side. i will tell you this that i have really mixed emotions about what i've learned about them, and some of the things i really don't care for, but all in all,...........family is family!!
my grandpa was a self-made man. he was a business man. he had several ventures going on at the same time. he would plant fields, grow, and harvest. he ran his own mill where he ground corn. he owned a small country store, and he sold gasoline, and he never had to leave his property to do these things.
i hate to admit this, but I'm not sure how many kids that grandpa, and grandma had, but I'm thinking five or six. i do know that all of them grew up to live decent lives with the exception of my father. my father was a drunk, and his family didn't understand why he done what he did, so he was the black sheep.
grandma lived her entire life in the confines of a wheel chair. I'm not sure why. i just know that she did. grandpa must have loved her dearly, because he built her a three story house with a basement. he also put her an elevator inside, so there was not a room that she didn't have access to go in. grandma spent her days like any other woman did back in those days. she cooked, cleaned, canned, sewed, and washed the clothes.

i have no idea how my parents met each other, or what they had in common with each other. daddy already had two girls about my mother's age, so that had to be a match made in hell right there!! daddy's girls never did approve of my mother, and they made that perfectly clear all my life. i never did get to really know his girls, because of the way that they talked about my mother. even as a child i thought that my mother could do no wrong, and still today it's alright if i talk about some of the things that she did, but nobody else had better not join in the conversation.
most people don't realize this, but I'm the last male in my family to carry on the family name. here i set at 47 years old without a male offspring, and honestly couldn't careless. those girls are chomping at the bits though, and watching me closely. i might bring a male baby into this world eventually, but they will never know it. i can wait until both of them are dead before i do.
both of this girls are very traditional about the way that they were brought up in north Alabama. seeing how I'm a footloose redneck of a boy that don't really care about their traditions that they follow. i might just get me a woman of color, and start having babies. they would surly have them drop dead on the spot, but then again,.........they would get what that they wanted all along. just with a different twist!!
these are the only two in my blood family that i really ever had a problem with. my Grandpa left me an inheritance in his will when he died. he also left a stipulation with it that my Grandma, and father had to be passed on before i could have it. these two did all that they could in their power to make sure that i didn't get the property that was left to me. both my father, and grandma dies the same year, about two months apart. daddy died first, and grandma grieved herself to death, because they finally told her about daddy's death. grandma was 104 when she died.
after me fathers death i did visit the other side for a while, and nothing had changed. they still acted like my mom was just a cheap rag doll to be cast in a ditch somewhere. they told me things that i never even figured that they would have known. they had been watching me my whole live dying in a cess poll of madness, and simply hoping that i would die!! they never offered me in help out of it either.
i ask about the will, and they told me that all the property had been sold to pay for grandma's bills that she had collected over the years, and by her death. i felt like i had a big ole tattoo that said " fool".........on my forehead!!  did they really think that i was stupid enough to believe what they were saying?    that was the last time that i have ever seen either one of them.
years later one of the husbands of my sisters tracked me down. i had turned 40 years old, and had turned my life around. there was a slim chance that i would drink myself to death now, and so they hit again. the man brought me a deed to the property that grandpa had left me. along with the deed there was a nice looking stack of 100 dollar bills. 10,000 to be exact. then the bullshit was on!!
he said that if i would just sign the deed over to him that the stack of money would be mine. 10,000 for 13.3 acres of land in the country...............hummm.............what should i do?        i knew that the value of the land was worth more than that even without considering what was underneath the ground.  i sit there, and listened to him telling me one lie, after the next.                they did think that i was a fool!!
i simply wanted this madness to end, so i signed the deed over, and took the cash. you would have thought that would have been good enough,...........but it wasn't.  he started whining about how many times that he had to come to Florida to find me, and the high cost of gas,...........blah,........blah,.........blah!!  i flipped 200$ back on the table, and bid him farewell,............and i meant farewell!!
that was the last time that i heard anything from them. i know that they are still watching me, because they need a baby boy to carry on the family name.               in all honesty,...............why would i care about the family name when the surviving family screwed me out of what my grandpa meant for me to have?    that's a low-life move in anybody's book!!    why would i want to breed a new generation into the misery that i've dealt with all my life?
i hope when they read this that they know if the family name has to die, that they can hold themselves responsible, because of the way that they have treated me their entire lives. if my mother was such a piece of crap then I'm just as much a piece of crap also!!  they will be lucky if i give them a black baby!!!

anyway,...............life goes on!!  i'm thinkin' that this was the last issue that i needed to settle with these folks. i feel better now, and will go forth to live another day. we really ought to try to treat each other better, because you can never know the outcome.

                             ..............much love

1 comment:

  1. What a very insulting post to black people all over the world!!! So you think the black race is so inferior to your whiteness that it would be a slap to your family to have a child of race? You should be so lucky to have a black woman lay down with your bigoted racist redneck ass. Let alone have a child belonging to the likes of your white highness. Disgusting!

    ReplyDelete