www.billofrights.org

Thursday, January 20, 2011

am i a target?

the past 24 hours have not been the best for me. i didn't sleep well last night. part of it was the fact that i changed the position of my bed area.  i am a serious creature of habit. once i get used to doing some thing it becomes a rut. if i change in any way, even by my own choice, there is a part of my psyche that simply will rebel!! i like my rut's, and i've grown quite used to things being more stable in my life right now.
i tossed, and turned, and flipped, and rolled last night in my bed. for the first time in a long time, i couldn't get comfortable in my bed. there was no a position that would put me at ease. i finally wore myself out about one o'clock this morning. most people realize that when you wear yourself out inside of the comforts of your bed that your sleep is not all that well to begin with.
i had been laying there semi- unconscious for about an hour, and fifteen minutes when it happened....................i heard this loud sonic boom right beside my head, and shrapnel had sprayed my head and body!!! if i had been inside a fox hole, and that happened while i was trying to sleep,.......................you can bet you sweet petunia  that i would have been cut in half as i jumped straight up,...................except the fact that i was in bed, and the only battle going on was in my very tired mind.
I'm not sure if y'all understand the magnitude of Mr. Illusion of Confusion getting woke up in this manner. you do know that he is at a pretty much constant battle with some thing in his mind............always!! then there is that heart attack a few years ago.
speaking of heart attacks:  do you realize that most people when they have an attack that usually another one will follow it within five years?  a lot of folks don't make it through that one, but there's a few that do.    I'm proud to report that i am now living on borrowed time. it's been six years since my first attack, and i've not had a problem with it yet.
i know that most of y'all have a problem with the phrase " borrowed time", but once i got used to the reality of it i have been using it to my advantage. it really help me to see the beauty in life. sometimes i feel like the old scrooge when he woke up Christmas morning, and he hadn't missed it. i feel like i've wasted as much of my life as Ebenezer did, and everyday is a new opportunity to get at least one thing right!! the truth is that i really have high hopes for myself, so i figured that i would put the number real low to approve my advantages of success.
i bet you are wondering what was it that woke me in such a rude way this morning out of such a perfect slumber?                           it was a lamp!!!                    i bet you are wondering how in the hell that a lamp can cause so much chaos. so early on a peaceful morning.                 honestly i was wondering the same thing after i realized what it was, before then,................i didn't have a clue!!
i have one of these lamps that i call funeral home lamps. they stand about six foot tall, and shoot all the light up on the ceiling.  the first time i can recall seeing a lamp like this was inside of a funeral home.ever since that day i have always referred to them as funeral home lamps.
the one in my house really wasn't in all that good of a shape, unless you consider the shape of broken down a shape!! i had duct taped the weights in the bottom of it so it could    " kinda"     stand up on it's own.    OK,........OK,...........OK,...............you've got me!!!           it didn't really work all that well, so i had it leaning into the mantle of the fireplace. the thing was that it had been that way for two weeks without any problems.
problems?..........................problems?..........................dang it!!!..................i forgot,.....................excuse me, because i do have a problem,....................and some days more major than others.
i have this problem in itself that i truly love!!  it's basic nature makes it a problem.  just another example at the humor that God possess when He cut the design for the cats. those critters are so nosy that every thing in the house must be inspected daily!! i've come to realize that there is not a single space located inside of a home that a cat can't get to if it wants to inspect it.             what you reckon the chances are of not wanting to check out every one of them?      yeah,...........right!!
my deal is a kinda complicated one. i love that cat, and have welcomed it inside of my home. we are still butting heads on a few things, but I'm slowly winning her over to my way of thinking.    now,.........don't even think for a minute that there are some things a cats just gotta do, even against all odds.  seeing how i know this, and certainly realize it now...........i need to be a better owner of the cat. the funeral home lamp, and the cat had a destiny to collide,...............and it happened at 2:15 this morning!!!
i jump up and turned on the light, and the cat was laying under the kitchen table trying to be cool about what had just happened. she didn't realize all that heaving breathing gave up any chances that she might ever had of innocence.  i turned around and looked, and for the first time realized what had happened when i saw that lamp lying a foot from where my head had been laying!!  glass from the bulb had spread all crossed the bed, and the floor. i  call it a bed, but it's really just a well made pallet in the floor.
now ,............here is another thought,..............." is the cat trying to kill me?"

                                             .............. much love

No comments:

Post a Comment