www.billofrights.org

Friday, January 7, 2011

Yahoo V.S. Google

most of the people that know me personally can tell the rest of my readers that I'm not among the top 10 greatest minds in the world. actually,........some day's I'm in heavy competition with with the sense that God gave a head of cabbage!!  that's OK though, because i make it just fine.
sometimes a little logic goes a long way in figuring things out. I'm sure that most of y'all know what logic is, but just in case let me give you a brief example.

Two rednecks decided that they weren't going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead.

The first went in to see the counselor, who told him to take math, history, and logic.

"What's logic?" the first redneck asked.

The professor answered, "Let me give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"

"I sure do."

"Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard," replied the professor.

"That's real good!" said the redneck.

The professor continued, "Logic will also tell me that since you have a yard, you also own a house."

Impressed, the redneck said, "Amazing!"

"And since you own a house, logic dictates that you have a wife."

"That's Betty Mae! This is incredible!"

The redneck was catching on.

"Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual," said the professor.

"You're absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thing I ever heard! I cain't wait to take that logic class!"

The redneck, proud of the new world opening up to him, walked back into the hallway where his friend was still waiting.

"So what classes are ya takin'?" asked the friend.

"Math, history, and logic!" replied the first redneck.

"What in tarnation is logic?" asked his friend.

"Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weed eater?" asked the first redneck.

"No," his friend replied.

"You're queer, ain't ya?"

OK,.............i simply couldn't resist doing that this morning. i know that all my readers know what logic is. you really don't have to take a college coarse to figure out what I'm talking about today. if you have ever rode by a college campus you will qualify for this extreme pressure that I'm going to lay on your head.

I'm a poor man by the standards of the world today. i don't have money to waste on such things as an e-mail account, so i use what's available and free. i have a yahoo, and Google e-mail account. they  both do alright about getting the mail that i send to the recipient most of the time. yahoo seems to have more glitches than Google does. there is one more major difference that i've noticed with the two, and that would be my spam mail.
my spam mail from yahoo is based on the surfing that i do during the day. if I'm looking for lawn mowers on the internet, you can bet your sweet petunia that I'll have several offers in my spam folder for lawn mowers. sometimes they don't go to my spam folder with yahoo. they go directly to my in-box. it don't matter what I'm surfing for i can always get more from my spam that i did searching on-line.
how do you reckon that this is so? how can the world know what my e-mail address is ?  does yahoo make my address public? how do the sellers of this world know what I'm surfing for?
most of us realize that the majority of this problem is a little thing called cookies.  Wikipedia has a great page on what cookies are, and how that they are used, and can be used. I'll give you the link.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie

the strange thing is that in my Google account i never get spam mail. i've been using that account for several months now, and i've never got one piece of spam mail.  hummmmm................how can that be? what is Google doing differently than yahoo is doing?
i would imagine that the answer to these questions has to be simple. yahoo has put my information out there for the whole world to purchase!! they probably make loads of money selling our info for pennies. they simply don't make enough selling advertising anymore. they have figured out how to sell their consumers, and make a profit.

i really can't say for that a billion dollar operation  like yahoo would stoop so low to sell us out for a profit, but just at a few pennies a person that's still a great deal of money. you would think that as much as they are already worth that it wouldn't be a thought. unless that's where the sum of their net value came from?        hummmmmmmmmm........................i just might be on to something here.                 naaaaaaa,..............couldn't be.             i guess it will up to my readers to decide............................

                                         .............much love

No comments:

Post a Comment