www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

weapons of warfare

i guess that everybody knows that a thought has to come from somewhere. it might be just a glance at something, or a smell. our thoughts are generally triggered by something that hit our senses harder than normal.
i was at a bus stop the other day. it's seems that I'm always waiting on a bus to take me somewhere.  there is always a lot of interesting things laying around the bus stops.............. mostly trash. for some reason i have nothing better to do while i wait than check out everything. I'm not saying that i sort though the trash cans for hidden treasures. I'm just bored, and i take my surroundings in.

i do need to stop right here, and tell you something. if you really want to find some great treasures in the garbage.........i know the place. for some strange reason that i don't understand why people go to the self-serve car wash they are over-come with the desire to throw out everything that is in the car when they go to clean it. you wouldn't believe some of the things that they throw away. i find it hard to believe that they carry all that stuff in their cars to begin with. clothes, dvd's, Cd's, cans, and boxes of food, toys, tools, and much more. the crazy thing is nearly everything that they throw away is still in good working condition.
that's could be good enough, but you haven't found the real treasure yet. so far you've only scratched the surface. the real treasure is located in the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. some of them are locked, but not all of them. if your going to do this you need to be considerate of the owner, and take you a bag to empty out the vacuum cleaner inside. if you make a mess he will lock the door on you.
the vacuum picks up everything that not tied down. change, rings, necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and loose bills that have made their way to the floor. most people simply don't understand the bounty that awaits at a car wash. i just stumbled upon this myself.

now where was i?............oh,............waiting at the bus stop..........what joy!!!                anyway,.........amongst all the trash laying around i saw this beautiful, crisp looking, golden fried, chicken finger, that had only been half eaten. somebody must have dropped it while waiting on the bus before me. what do you think that i done with it?.........................yep,...............that's right,..............i looked around to make sure that nobody was watching me, and i shoved it in my mouth!!
i really can't tell that lie, and keep a straight face. it did start a craving in me for chicken fingers though. this went on for two weeks until i finally broke down, and bought some to cook. I'm a pretty good cook, and i have my own way of cooking most things. i didn't even think about not having my tenderizing mallet that i usually work the fingers over good with. it's makes them more tender, and they kinda melt in your mouth that way.
i looked through my kitchen drawer when i had all my utensils, and nothing there would suffice. i knew that i had to have something to use, but at the same time i realized that this would not come easy. i found a hammer in my other drawer, but it just beat the chicken into complete submission. it's was all raggedy, and wafer thin.
then finally i saw my last hope before i went out in the yard, and made me a homemade mallet. it was a tool for scaling fish. it had two rows of teeth on it with sharp points. personally, i've always preferred a spoon when scaling fish. it's always worked just fine.
although, this combination of tools really didn't give me the desired effects that i was hoping to achieve, because it even worked better. the teeth on the scalier  cut right into the chicken with the power of the hammer behind it.

  this is a picture of my weapons of warfare. a man will do anything that's required from him to do the job right when he is inspired.  the fingers were really tender, and tasted very good.
I'll give you a tip that i use to get that special flavor. i don't use many spices. just salt, and pepper. i whisk them up in my egg that i use to coat my chicken with, before i lightly flour. i also put on special ingredient in my egg mixture. it's dehydrated minced onion. i let the chicken set in that mixture over night for maximum flavor, but an hour will do when your in a hurry.

                                 .............much love

No comments:

Post a Comment