www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Sends Chills Up My Spine

As I think back over my life, and take a realistic look, at all the things, that have transpired in my life. I can see where the Good Lord has had, His unseen hand, upon my life. Guiding me through situation, and situation, making Himself known to me. Actually, giving me the training, which I would require to do what it is, that He wanted me to do.

This didn’t require a specialized degree, or even seminary, in a well-known college of theology. I chose a different route to go, because of my rebellion. I have always had a severe rebellious nature, and a head twice as thick, as most normal human beings. It is impossible to live in this manner without a heart hardening more each day.     Yes sir, I attended the real school of hard knocks!! 

The thing that I didn’t realize was that God always had His hand upon my life. I can’t say that I was pleasing Him in the least bit. However, He knew that I should be preserved, for a future event. I don’t know about you, but here is a verse in the Bible, which sends chills up my spine today!!

Galatians 6:7  Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

You can call this the verse of Karma. Actually, you can call it anything that you would like to, because it will not change, the truth of this verse. This is why my life was always in such turmoil. This is why I had so much enduring pain, in my life. This is also the same reason, that so much pain is inflicted in your life, if you experience too much pain. 

Matthew 26:52  Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

This is the verse that we paraphrase as, “those that live by the sword, shall die by the sword.” I walked through my life wielding several different swords. One of the largest, and most brutal swords, that would swing was the one called character assignation. I quickly learned that this would move problem people, out of my way, with quickness. Although, I was too stupid to realize, that I was the one being moved, in the other direction.

I am sure that none of the readers of this blog have ever had any trouble at all. Especially of their own making!!      You might be thinking, where am I going with this, or what am I trying to do?    The truth is that often I take for granite the knowledge, that I have been given. Mostly because of the paths in life, that I have freely chosen, to walk down.  

It is not about being smarter, than anybody else, and it is certainly not about being less than. Often times I simply assume that if I know something, that everyone else knows the same thing, and that is simply not true. I spend a lot of time, but not enough, gaining knowledge from the Lord. The way I do this is through the Word, commentaries, and Bible dictionaries, and listening to the Word being preached by others. 

The only reason, which any of this is possible now, is the fact, that I surrendered!!     I got to a point in my life where I said, I can’t do it alone, and I need you Lord Jesus to influence, my every move. This is not the first time that I have made this statement. Actually, I have made this move a few times, in my life, and always with great intentions!! 

”What makes this time any different then, and why should anybody listen to me?”     As far as there being any difference, I believe that you should not concern yourself with me. As a matter of a fact you should not even look at me, or my life. You should only look at Jesus!!  I don’t blame you for checking my qualification to write to you. I think that you should do that much. That is nothing more than wisdom.

Jesus said this: Matthew 10:16  Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.

There are a lot of wolves right now, using the name of Jesus, to rob your wallet. They give you a little bit, and promise much more, if you will send them a donation. I like Brother Bob Martin, of Challenge Ministries. We have a lot in common. Neither of us has anything to sell you. Neither of us wants for you to do anything, that the Lord doesn’t want you to do. We simply want to proclaim the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ in your life, and that is why you should listen to me.

Not because of me personally, but because I will always point you to Jesus!! If anybody ever points you in a different direction they are a heretic. If anybody ever says that you need Jesus, along with anything else, then they are guilty of heresy also.     Jesus is enough!!

Hebrews 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Ain’t God good?

      ….Much Love              

No comments:

Post a Comment