www.billofrights.org

Thursday, December 5, 2013

They Won’t Bite, Unless…

Do you ever get confused with the difference, with denominations concerning, the things of God? It seems to me, that every denomination teaches, and preaches different approaches, from the same Bible. I am not attempting to say one denomination is right, and one is nearly right, and the other is way off base. I just would like to know what the real truth is, about the differences.

I know that God did not ordain different denominations. They came about when churches would split, because of differences of opinion. It has always been this way, even in the days of Moses. I believe this was the first time, that there was rebellion in the church. A man named Korah wasn’t happy with what Moses was doing, as the leader of the Jewish Nation.

Things were different back in those days. Moses gave Korah the opportunity to see if Father would accept him, as the new leader. He was supposed to show up the next day, with his band of rebels, in front of the congregation. Father already knew what His plans were, and He filled in Moses and Aaron.  Numbers 16:20-21  And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 21  Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment.

The next day they all gathered together, and this was part of what Moses had to say. Numbers 16:28  And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind. This was important, because Moses wasn’t taking any credit, for the things that God was doing.

To make a longer story shorter, this was the bottom line. The Lord judgment was swift and complete!! Numbers 16:32  And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.

If Father still did that in today’s time, don’t you think that we would not have a shortage, of garden space?  I find it really hard to cross the border lines of denominations, because of the differences. I have my own speculations, to what is the right thing to do, as far as worship goes. The first thing that I need to do is base my belief, on the things, that the Bible says.

The first thing that I would like to point out is something Jesus says, in the book of Mark. Mark 9:23  Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. I don’t really think that this is all that difficult to understand. However, I want to tell you a short story.

I was watching some video one day of folks handling poisonous snakes in a church service. I must admit that this is not my cup of tea, but there are folks that do this. Actually, this falls under my category of thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God!!    Anyway,…When they interviewed the preacher, and ask him if they had ever lost folks to snake bites, this is what that he said. “There have been a couple of people that died, because of being bitten. The Lord controls those snakes, and they won’t bite unless He lets them bite!!”


Two deaths in around thirty years are fairly good odds. Wouldn’t you say?  I personally think that is a foolish thing to do. At least it would be for me, but these folks believe with all their heart, that Jesus will not let those snakes bite. I don’t have near the faith that it would take simply to walk around rattlesnakes, let alone handle a live one.

I know that this is an extreme point to use to explain this one verse, but we serve an extreme God!!   Wouldn’t you call it fairly extreme, to split the ground open, and swallow two- hundred, fifty men, and all their belongings?  I believe that this verse means exactly what it says.   We are the ones with a belief problem, and a faith problem.

Do you remember the story of Jairus?   He begged Jesus to come heal his sick daughter, and before they could leave, a servant came, and said that she was dead. Mark 5:36  As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe. Don’t you think that was a little bit extreme?   No.   You are right.   That is a whole lot extreme!!

I can tell you right now that I need an extreme God in my life, because I have an extreme sin problem. I know that I have already been washed in the blood of Jesus, and that is great. However, I have not arrived in the hall of faith. (Hebrews 11) just yet, and I still sin. 

I didn’t even get to what I was going to make this post about. It really doesn’t matter, because this is not about me. It is about Jesus, and helping those who read this, to understand Him better. I am confident that this was meant for somebody other than myself.

Ain’t God good?

           ….Much Love         

No comments:

Post a Comment