www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Stable Relationship

I guess that I can worship in any true worship setting. I am still thinking about going to visit, with the Church of Christ folks. I guess all different denominations have a few quirks about them. Most non-denominational churches also have a few, trying so hard, to not have any!! I did a study today, on the Internet about, why the Church of Christ does not play musical instrument, in their worship service. 

I was listening to a minister, with the Church of Christ explaining, that reason on You Tube. It boiled down to the fact, that it does not mention in the New Testament the use of musical instruments, in the worship service. Therefore God hasn’t given them the authority, to play any instruments, while they sing praises to Him. 

I really find this an interesting way to look at it. I am not going to say anything about this view, in the negative, or in the positive. I am just stating what I found to be the reason, and that was the only thing, that I found strange in that church. If those people can worship God, and love God, and give Honor and Praise without the presence of music, who would I be to complain? There is a group of people that don’t even care to take the time, to try to worship Father at all.

Ok.    I am alright if that is good for them. However, I really love to praise, in a setting filled with music!! The more instruments the better that it is to me. I don’t feel that I am wrong in my assumption, because I can back to the book of Psalms. King David, the man after God’s Own heart, wrote this Psalm.

Psalms 150:1  Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. 2  Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.3  Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. 4  Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. 5  Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.6  Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

David starts out with the reasons that we should praise our Lord. Praise Him for His power, and His mighty acts, and for His greatness.   Can I tell you a truth about my life?    I had heard a lot of facts, about God, in my life. I have even read in the Word of God, about the great and mighty things that He had done. I have set under the preaching, and teaching, of mighty men of God. I have heard those men telling stories, of how great God has been in their lives.

Do you know what that done for me?  It gave me a lot of information, about who God was, and the things, which He could do. Now, it is good to have a lot of information about God, but there is something better than information.        It is called a relationship with Father through His son!!       Once you get that working relationship all those great facts, which you have knowledge of start to make sense. They become alive, and have great power within them.
.
The might acts that David speaks of in the second verse grow more personal. They might have been the fact, that God parted the Red Sea. It might have been the virgin birth of Jesus, or the point that Jesus gave His life for us. Those are all mighty acts of God, with His greatness shining through. However, once you have that relationship with God we find even more mighty works to praise Him for.

Oh let’s start at the beginning of our day. I find it to be a mighty work of the Lord, that I have eyeballs to wipe the sleepy out of them. Another day of life wouldn’t be the same without that next breath, or the beat of our heart. I really don’t seem to mind what the weather is like, when I can experience it either.  These are all mighty works of God, and He is well worthy of our praise!!

I think that Father really had something going on when He created us. I know that He created us for a relationship with Himself. The really great thing about that in today’s day, and age is the fact that it is still true. He still wants us, that is you and I, to fellowship with each other also, and once we come to that knowledge, it changes everything.

It is like the cross. We are at the foot of the cross, looking up to Jesus. When we get our relationship stable with Jesus, then our relationship to the right, and to the left also can flourish. It is extremely hard to have a relationship with others, if we don’t have a relationship with our Lord first. That is why so many families argue and fight. That is the reason for commandment number one: Exodus 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Father knew when He created us that any attempt to love outside of Him would be futile. We would not experience anything other than pain, misery, and total defeat!!   Ain’t God good?

             ….Much Love          

No comments:

Post a Comment