www.billofrights.org

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Difference


Oh what a beautiful morning!! I think that spring has finally arrived here in north Florida. I am sitting beside the awkward river here, and I am freezing my tush off. The only reason, that I am cold is, that I am doing nothing, but pecking away at my keyboard. I really said that wrong. I am pecking away on Jesus' keyboard. When I first got this laptop, I gave it to Jesus. I knew if I kept it for myself, that it really wouldn't last long. The stuff that He gives me to use last longer, than the stuff I think, that I get on my own.

I need to say something about the service at my church on Easter. It is simply an observation, about how it went. I want to focus on the main service. We have an earlier service, that I was there for the most of it. I always get there, for about forty five minutes, of that service, when I attend Sunday school. While I am addressing Sunday school, we had the most excellent teaching yesterday. I attend the Pastor's fathers class. He is the former Pastor of our church.

OK...I never even thought, that I would attend a normal church service, again, in my church. I was wrong though. The Easter service was what I would call ordinary, for most churches, that I have attended. I need to stop right here, for a minute, and say some things. There was nothing wrong, with the service yesterday. It was nice, very effective, and to the point. The singing, and praising the Lord was awesome as always. The house was full!!

I believe that was the issue, that made it different. I say that because, as far as a denominational preference goes with myself. I am surly becoming a devout Pentecostal. I am starting to thrive, on the things that some folks call weird. I am not saying, that the Pentecostals, have a monopoly on God either. I am not evening saying, that our worship, is any better, or worse than anybody else.

However, I am saying that the way the Pentecostals worship God. And Holy Spirit's reaction back to our worship. That is the best way, that I have ever found, to worship for myself!! I never have the feeling of being harmed in any way, but there are times that I am not real comfortable. I don't think that it is possible, to stand in front, of Almighty God, without having some level of discomfort.

That is probably why I prefer to worship in this way. It takes me out of my comfort zone. Actually, I don't have a zone concerning God. It is all about Father!! It's all about Jesus, and it is all about Holy Spirit!! When you come before those Three, and humble yourself, they do what they want to do. Holy Spirit moves in waves, having His way, with whom He chooses!!

I need to experience that kind of radical movement from God!! There has been way too many years, that I didn't have a worship, like I do now. I am beginning to learn of a new, and different God, that somehow, I had missed before, in my life. I know a kind, loving God now. Whereas, I always knew of a vengeful God before. That was because, of the choice, that I had made to live. I had chosen death over life.

Anyway,........The house was full yesterday. Holy Spirit does, what He wants to, and when He wants to. I could feel the presence of Holy Spirit. I knew without any doubt, that He was in attendance yesterday morning. The difference was that He was not moving like He normally does, in the Sunday morning service. At first I thought, that there might not been enough believers seeking His presence. The numbers of believers, in that crowd, that knows, and loves the presence, of Holy Spirit, was no different, than any other Sunday.

I wondered why that Holy Spirit didn't show up in force. I was not used to Him, not showing out, in a real good, positive way. Then it came to me. Actually, that still, small, quite voice whispered to me, while I was writing this post. He said, “ My child. You forget what all I do. I know that you love me, and you are willing, to receive my goodness from me. The fields inside these walls are full, of those that don't know Jesus. It is more important for me to move on them right now, so that they also, might know of the joy of the Lord!!”

I agree. That is of the most importance!! That is why we are here. We were created to worship, and in our worship, we attract others, to the love of God. There is enough of God, for all of us to share.

….........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment