www.billofrights.org

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ant's in the pants?


I believe one of the reasons that Father calls us His children, is the fact that we act like children. Some of us never mature, because we are not willing, to take the processes, of life seriously. The writer of the book of Hebrews is raking the believers over the coals, for not maturing from milk, to strong meat. They should have progressed, to being teachers of the Word, instead that were still, in the need, of being taught. (Hebrews 5, 12-13)

There is something inside of us that drives us to do more than we are ready to be doing. Parents, look at you very small children. Do they not try, to take off running, after being able to barely stand up? Do they not graduate to drawing pictures immediately, after learning, to make marks, on the sheet of paper? I could continue on with the ones that really don't know any better. The ones that have not had a fair chance to learn. Except for the fact, that those of us, that consider ourselves to be adults, are still in need, of a bottle, of warm milk.

We act like we have ants in our pants. Have you ever really had ants, in your pants? Unfortunately, I can say that I have had ants, all over my body, including in the clothes that I had on, at the time. OK..Short quick story.

When a fire ant is left in peace, to build the colony, that they live in. It can get several feet high when undisturbed. One day while walking through the woods with a friend, we ran a crossed a mound over three foot high. I wasn't the brightest star in the sky, and apparently my friend wasn't either. We decided to load a bunch of bottle rockets, into the side of that hill. Boys will be boys, entertaining ourselves in various ways. The problem wasn't blowing a hole, in the side of that fire ant hill. The problem was standing there, all excited, not knowing what to expect.

Honestly, all we were expecting to see, was a hole left in the side of the mound, and nothing more. Oh, but we received much more excitement, than we ever had enough sense, to ever anticipated. Immediately, when the bottle rockets went off, hundreds of fire ants went airborne!! I can tell you with all the confidence in the world, that they were not happy about being disturbed!! Once they landed on our bodies, they immediately, went into attack mode.

I really can't tie that ant story, into what I am talking about today. I just think that it's really funny looking back thirty-five years. God has been really good to me!! The fact that I am even here today, is a great example.

Moving on... The verse that I want to bring out today comes from the book of Psalms, forty-sixth chapter, verse ten. Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Life is a process. Everything has an order to follow. Our Father is a God, of complete order. There is a reason for everything, that He says to us. There is an order that we must go by, to see the end results, that we hope to achieve.

In this verse it sounds like Father is giving His children a command. Be still. Our Father is tell us the same thing, that we speak, to our children. You know that Father does not waste any words, and when He says something to do, He is very serious!! I looked up the word still in Websters 1869 Dictionary. I really like this version of Mr. Websters Dictionary, because he was on the same page, as the Word of God.

Here are a few of the definitions: 1. Silent; uttering no sound. 2. Quiet; calm; not disturbed by noise. 3. Motionless; as, to stand still; to lie or sit still. 4. Quiet; calm; not agitated.

If we can obey the Father, and be still; His promise to us, is that He is going to do a thing, that nobody else can possibly take credit for doing, other than Father. I like to put it is these words: Daddy is going to show up, and show completely out!! That just causes the Hebe-jeebies to run all over my body!! I love it when Father does this!!

The number two definition is the one that usually have the most trouble over coming. Quiet, calm, and not disturbed by noise. It always seems, that while were waiting on God to show up, in any situation, that there is a lot of noise, in the background, of our lives. It seems that these “Haters,” as I like to call them, come out of hiding everywhere possible. Another description that I like to use for them are “Naggers.” They nag, and whine endless chatter, about much of nothing!! I think that Noah could tell us about this group of folks. I would imagine, that he dealt with more, than his share, while building the ark. If I can keep my composure, while all of this is going on, I do good.

As Christians, I think that we need to look, at the lives that we are living, and ask ourselves some basic questions. Are we keeping the things in the order, that they were designed to be kept in? Are we being still, or do we act like we have ants in our pants? Are we letting the “Haters, and the Naggers” agitate us, to the point that we are losing our blessing?

After all, a blessing is a terrible thing to waste!!

............Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment