www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Duck Dynasty


It is raining.         It is raining really hard.           Do you wonder how a man, inside a room, without a window, can tell?            It is because, this particular man, is inside a reasonable small room, with a skylight. Since this room isn't all that big, the raindrops off the skylight are magnified in volume. Now, if this can just stay the same tonight, I will sleep like a baby. Not that I have any trouble sleeping when it don't rain.

I knew that church was going to start a few minutes earlier, than normal today. I just couldn't recall the actual reason. When I walked in the sanctuary this morning I had a flashback from Easter Sunday. It was so packed, from wall to wall!! It wasn't until I found the place that I would be sitting, that I was reminded what was special, about this day.

Two of the stars from the Duck Dynasty show, on A&E Television were here to talk about their faith in Jesus. They were Jeb, and Jessica Robertson. Even though, they were the only two that showed up today, they have a really tight knit family of believers. They all believe in Jesus Christ, and realize that their popularity is based entirely, on their ability to spread the gospel.

I must admit that I have never saw the Duck Dynasty television program. Probably, the fact that I don't even own a T.V. set is a good clue to why. Honestly, if I did have one, the fact that it is on A&E, could be another reason. I have never been a fan of most of the shows that they produce. Then again, in my older years, almost anything can be possible.

I was amazed at a few things that I was not used to seeing. Doors were locked, that I never before saw locked. Usually, every door to the church was open, during the time for a service. I guess that added security measures had been installed, for the protection, of the Robertson's. There was also signs every where no allowing photography, or video's today. The best that I could tell, everyone honored that simply request. I saw no flashes the whole event.

We concluded the day with a luncheon off the grill. Chicken, Green Beans, and Potato Salad. The meal was very good, and the Chicken was very juicy. I wasn't going to stay for the lunch, but a man bought my ticket for me. I never saw him even though, he sat right behind me in the service. I told my friend that normally gives me a ride home, that I was going to ride the bus today. He explained to me the act of kindness, the he had done for me. He actually bought all of ours lunch today.

My plan is to hold this post until Tuesday, and paste today's message with it.( I guess that the church site was not updated today.) Pastor is doing a series called, My Healthy Church. April was the start of the series, and so far all the teachings, have come from the book of Ezra.

…..........Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment