www.billofrights.org

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A Serious Attitude Adjustment!!

How are y’all doing today?   Yesterday, I posted a couple things, which should make most folks smile. I know that the one liner page, which I listed, nailed me really good a couple times!! I think part of being a Christian is about our attitudes. I realized that I made a mistake, in what I just said. Being a Christian is all about the attitude!!   Am I wrong?   I think that Jesus came to give us, a serious attitude adjustment!! 

I wish that it said in the Word of God where Jesus laughed at times. I personally believe that He did. I just can’t locate anywhere that it says that He laughed. One of the strongest shows of emotion is when people laugh. When people are happy they laugh, and I find it really, if not extremely unlikely, that Jesus did not laugh, with those, in which He healed!!

Don’t you think, after the fear left the woman, with the issue of blood, that she laughed?    I would imagine that she was so relieved, that she could not help but laugh!!  Luke 8:47-48  And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48  And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.

I am pretty sure that if I had been in her place. I would have come straight up from the ground, laughing, praising, and hugging on my Jesus!!    What do you think about that lunatic in Gadara?  I am going to reveal to you what we know that happened. Luke 8:35  Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid. 

They don’t even tell of this man’s reaction until this verse. I would image a lot went on before we get to this point.           Don’t you?      I have to show the exact condition this man was in when he saw Jesus. Luke 8:27  And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.

Can I be really honest with you?    To say that this man was a breathing train wreck would be a serious understatement!!  This dude was really wrapped up so tight by so many demons, when Jesus ask the name, they said legion.

 The most common answer to how many makes up a legion is 3000-6000. Mark does write in 5:15, that there were around 2000 of the swine, which were grazing.     Wouldn’t that be a mess?   A couple thousand smelly, stinking hogs possessed with a legion of demons!!

After all this happened the haters showed up!!  Yep,……That’s right,…..Isn’t it true that every time something good is happing a lot of them show up!! Those were the ones that showed up verse thirty-five, smelling of swine and fear. Have you ever noticed that the haters run in packs? If you have one by themselves, they usually don’t really say anything. If you have two or three they simply breathe hate all over quickly, and leave.

Check out what these jokers did. Luke 8:37  Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again.

I am on a roll now.  Think about this… what do you think would have happened if the whole multitude had of fell at the feet of Jesus, in worship, and repentance?  Man,…talk about a week long revival!!  That could have been a major celebration in Honor of our Lord!!

The truth is none of that happened, because hater’s do, what hater’s do. They chased away the King of Glory!! Why did they chase Him away?     It was not because they were hater’s.       It was because of the fear that infested the hearts of the hater’s!! 
     
Help me Lord Jesus!!    I started with a message about laughter, and look what I have wound up revealing. The fact is, that I am still not finished speaking, and don’t know where I might wind up at!!  The good thing is that I am still in my second story of choice.

I think that most of the readers of this blog are familiar with this story. I have always heard it called, “The mad man of Gadara.” It is full of things that make me scratch my balding head, a little slicker.  I would really like to share one with you now.

In the book of Mark we read some about this man.  Mark 5:3-5  Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains: 4  Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him. 5  And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones. I think that it is safe to say that he had been alone for some time. 
Here is my point; Mark 5:18-19  And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him. 19  Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Don’t you find it strange that Jesus would tell him something like this?     I did to just while ago. It fits perfectly into the theme of this paper after all. It wasn’t really about the laughter part, which I was planning on writing. It was something else that I said. Being a Christian is all about the attitude!!   Jesus gave this very sick man a brand new and great attitude.

Let’s finish up with what happened next. Mark 5:20  And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all men did marvel.

Wow!!        Ain’t God good?

              ….Much Love          

No comments:

Post a Comment