www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Superior Goal to Reach

This has been a great week of personal gain for me. No I didn’t win the lottery, or have some wealthy relative die, and leave me a bundle. I never even play the lotto anymore, and I don’t think that I have a relative left, which will leave me anything. I didn’t even find something of monetary value, and nobody blessed me for a good deed done.

Some things are much more valuable to me these days. I know that I bumble, and quite often fumble. Sometimes I am lead astray by the evil one. I still often sin, and I still do wrong, and sometimes, much wrong. Even with all this madness going on in my life at times, I still have one thing constant. My heart and life is in the hands of Jesus!!    Can anybody relate?
    
I am at the age that I don’t have anything else to prove. I am not worried about where that I live, and what I have to wear. I am not worried about where my next meal will come from or even what that it consists of. I know that the Lord has my back, and that all that I need to know.

While I was in that mission program I decided, that I was tired of doing this the way, which man expected me to live. I was getting older, and back is wrecked, and it causes me great pain when I work. Now, I worked really hard at times in the mission, but I was working for Father. Working for Father is a completely different kind of work.

My old blog changed while I was at the mission. I started writing about Jesus, and His love for people like all of us!! It was getting close to the time to leave, or find a job. I talked with Jesus, and He said nothing more than to trust Him. I have taken Jesus at His Word, and I have nothing lacking from my life.

I put my Lord to His Word. Phillipians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. I am amazed by this action. Even with all the things that I fail at, and all the sins that I commit, I am still blessed greatly!!   How does this work?     Truthfully, the only way that I know that it works is the fact, that God say’s it in His Word!!   I definitely have done nothing to deserve this other, than to love God.

If I have anything to do with God’s goodness toward me, it must be the fact that I try to pattern my life, and King David. I do realize that Jesus is the standard that Christians should compare ourselves with. I do that, and I always come up short. The truth is that I will always come up short here on this earth, and maybe for all eternity. I simple don’t know, and it really doesn’t matter to me. I love having a superior goal to reach for!!

The reason that I pattern after David is pretty simple. Acts 13:22  And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. I want to know how David became a man after the heart of God.

Wouldn’t that be a goal that we all could live with?     You might just think that I am crazy, and maybe you would be right. I know that something is going right in my life, and I praise my God for it!!   You know,……I can’t even proclaim that I am doing anything right in my life. I will be bold enough to say that Father is surely blessing my efforts!!

Please check out this verse of scripture. Matthew 6:20-21  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. My treasure is in Heaven, and it is located in Jesus Christ.
Nothing is important in this old corrupt world anymore other that Jesus Christ, and His righteousness. My main goal every day of my life now is to do the will of God. 
The truth is that often times I make such a mess. However, this verse says that we should. Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
With all that being said by Jesus personally, it should be enough to at least make all of us think. If this is true, then why don’t more people simply let go, and trust what that Jesus is saying?   I know that it does take a lot of faith, to turn the reigns of our lives, over to somebody else. It takes a serious amount of trust also.
  
I am not saying anything bad about any of the readers. I realize that we are all different, and have our different issues to contend with, in our daily lives.  Simply think about these things. Paul and Peter wrote two separate verses about Jesus, which I leave with you today
 Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

 Acts 10:34  Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

Ain’t God good?
                 
                                           ….Much Love                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment