www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It is the Quality

I am not sure that I am living a typical life of a “normal” Christian, if there is such a thing. I realize that when God created me a long, long time ago, that He had a plan, for my life. In the book of Jeremiah chapter one, verse fifteen the Lord assures me that He already had a plan for my life. Father has a plan for each of us, and I am happy that I realized that, before it was too late.

It is Sunday, and I was praying this morning which church should I attend. The truth is that I have grown so weary seeking, a more local church, that I didn’t expect an answer. Actually, I didn’t want an answer. I was at the point of giving up. Once again, actually I had given up. The last time that I attended a church was the time that I attended North Jacksonville Baptist Church.

That was an excellent church, and I listen to their broadcast over the radio daily. I love Brother Herb Reeves’s preaching, and have listened to him for the last fifteen years of my life, on and off.  I know that the will of God in my life is not to attend a church service on a regular basis. Paul confirms this for me.   Hebrews 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

I had considered going back, however every time I thought about it seriously, I couldn’t see taking another bus to a church other than my own. I was thinking that the whole point in finding a different church was to find one where I didn’t have to ride a bus. 

I bet you think that I lost where I was at, and what I was talking about again.   Didn’t you?   I do so often, but this time I didn’t. I had already decided that I wasn’t going to get an answer to my prayer, so I put on my street clothes. After all, no answer to my prayer meant that I was not obligated to attend any church.    Right?    Doesn’t that make perfect sense on a human level?

Fortunate for me that this doesn’t not include the God level!!     My phone began to ring, and when I picked it up, it was a call from my old friend, who used to give me a ride to church. I was so freaked out with total joy, that I couldn’t even answer the call!!

The first issue, that I had was the fact, that I believe God was answering my prayer. The second issue was the fact that my friend was calling me, and I quickly realized how I had done him wrong. All of a sudden Holy Spirit came alive inside of me, and started convicting me of the wrong that I had done. All of a sudden everything was coming into the light, of how I had been wrong, in my decision making process.

Can I honestly tell you how this came about?   This was my best friend in the faith. He would pick me up on Sunday morning to go to church, and bring me home after the service. He paid for tickets for concerts held at our church, for my attendance. This man was the only one that would loan me money to move into my new home from the mission, that I was staying in. He was a very good friend to have in my life.

Well,…it wasn’t long until the thief of this world, who is named Satan started working on me. I didn’t care for my friend picking me up for church anymore. The hidden truth in here was the fact that I couldn’t sleep in if I wanted to.  I had rather take the bus. It wasn’t long until he had convinced me that I was a problem to my buddy, and I needed to break free from him, so that he could take care of his life. I was convinced that he had all the trouble that he could handle with his family, which didn’t even know God.

All this came to me with a quickness, while my phone was ringing this morning!! I realized that I didn’t need to break free from my church that I have been a member for the last year. I thought that I need more church. I didn’t realize that it was the quality, and not the quantity that I need in my life. I wrote a little about the speaking in tongues sometime this week. I made the most stupid statement that a believer could make. I exclaimed that I had prayer for that power for eight months, so it must not be for me.
What a moron!!   How dare I think, that my little time affects the will of the Lord, even on my life!!  

  Ain’t God good?    Just think, all it took was a simple phone call, that I didn’t even answer, to place me under heavy conviction to change. I plan to go back to Evangel Temple next week. I was being fed well in that church. One time a week was better, than what I have got, since I left my church.
I honestly deep down knew that leaving my church was a bad move. The only reason that I haven’t gone back was because of pride on many different levels. I didn’t want to ride the bus. I didn’t want to walk out early to catch the bus back home. This was a lie also to begin with, because I never had to take the bus back home, but one time, in a year. 

That is why that I never got the approval from the Lord, on any other church that I attended. I know that a couple was excellent, but not meant for me. I am still doing battle with pride, because I need to walk back into that Sanctuary Sunday. Plus, I also need to call my buddy back today, and thank him for the phone call, and apologize for acting ignorant. There is so much more that I could write in this post; however, I think this is enough for now.     Ain’t God good?

    ….Much Love      

No comments:

Post a Comment