www.billofrights.org

Thursday, June 26, 2014

What is Required?

I am sure glad that, Jesus accepted me, when He sacrificed Himself, on the cross. I could not have blamed Him if He had said that, His sacrifice would cover everybody’s sin, except for James. That wouldn’t have been Jesus would it? Jesus sacrifice included everybody, from creation, until the end. I can’t help but be totally amazed by Jesus, and His love, for all human beings. After all He did create us, and has a purpose, for each one of us.

A lot of Christians are confused about these things. We feel that somehow that we are different, when it comes to the things of the Lord.   Have you ever heard the phrase, “To much is given, much is required?” It is found in the book of Luke. Jesus is the one that is speaking, and apparently it is based, on what we have been given. There is a knowledge clause, at the beginning, that states that we are not totally accountable, for what we don’t know.

Luke 12:48  But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more. 

Jesus would have us to know everything possible about Him. He said this about Himself.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 

My mission is to reveal the truths, of the Word of God. I have just revealed the main truth if God’s Word. If we don’t have Jesus, then nothing else that, we may get is worth a bump, on a frogs back. Once we get Jesus in our lives, everything else in simply icing, on the cake. The first thing that Jesus makes possible is the, forgiveness of sin.

I think that often times that, we don’t see sin the way that, our Lord sees sin. How would you see sin, if you were a Holy God?   If you recall sin was found first in Lucifer, and it spread like wildfire to one-third, of the angelic host.  Don’t you realize that, every disease that mankind might suffer is, the direct result of sin? Actually every hurtful, harmful, or damning thing that can be found, in our world today is, because of sin.

Now that I have exposed sin for a little, of what it truly is, let’s get back to the forgiveness of sin.  What can we really expect to happen, when our sin is forgiven?    Most people want to fast-forward to our eternal home, which is called Heaven. We all know that, will be an indescribable experience, but not the most important issue, in the life of a Christian.

1John 1:1-3  That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 2  (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) 3  That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

John was probably the closest disciple to Jesus. I will go ahead, and say that I think that He was, and that is great for us. John understood who Jesus is, and the benefit that, He is to us. How many believe that, knowing Jesus is beneficial to us?  John pinned these words, found in the first epistle, which he wrote. He is describing the greatest benefit of having our sin forgiven. Our Father has fellowship with us, and we with Him.

Because the Father has fellowship with us, so does the son, which paid the high price, for our sin.     Have you ever considered that, the same God that created us also, redeemed us back unto Him?   Ain’t Jesus Awesome?    Not only does our God have fellowship with us; we can have fellowship, with each other. I am not sure about you, but before Jesus came into my life, I was not famous for getting alone with people. I tolerated those that could do something for me.   ….Just being real.

I will not go into the benefits of having our sin forgiven, because of our newfound fellowship, with our Almighty Creator. I will should you one verse that shows the security of our relationship, with the Father, and the Son.     This might just blow your mind……

John 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

That is great news for me. Look at all the Satan has to go through just to get to us. First the Father, and then he finds the Son. By the time that he gets to me, then he finds my heart full of Jesus!! That is why James says to count it all joy, when we fall into various temptations, (James 1:2) because you have been found worthy of Satan, going through all that, he has to go through, to get to us.

Now we need to go back, to the first thing that, I was speaking about. “To whom much is given, much is required.”   I have just told you about a very small fraction, of the things that, we as children of the living God have been given. I have also showed the protection of John 14:20. Can I ask you a question?    How much have you been given?       Are you given the fair amount required, of your life, based on the amount that, you have been given?          Please don’t forget that, Jesus gave His life, for the forgiveness, of your sin.     JESUS IS AWESOME!!

            ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment