www.billofrights.org

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Idolatry

Does anybody happen to recall, what was the main problem, when God passed His judgment, on His people? Father seldom passed judgment, on those that wasn’t His children. By memory I believe the time that, He destroyed Sodom, and Gomorrah was the only time, but still they might have been a victim of circumstance. Even though they still made the wrong choice, as with the Great Flood, of the days of Noah.

I am sure that there were those that, profess the name of the Lord, in the days of Noah. They had just wandered off, and fell into the same trap, that causes God to pass His judgment on His people, in a nation.   Do you know what that it is yet?      IDOLATRY!! 
 
I want to show you the definition, of the word idolatry, in the Webster’s Dictionary of 1828.

Idolatry
IDOL'ATRY, n. [L. idololatria. Gr. idol, and to worship or serve.]

1. The worship of idols, images, or any thing made by hands, or which is not God.

Idolatry is of two kinds; the worship of images, statues, pictures, &c. made by hands; and the worship of the heavenly bodies,the sun, moon and stars, or of demons, angels, men and animals.

The Old Testament of the Bible has numerous verses of the Lord claiming His jealousy over his people. I want to show you a couple, and the only one found in the New Testament.

Exodus 20:4-5  Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 5  Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; Exodus 34:14-15  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: 15  Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;  2Corinthians 11:2  For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

How do you think God feels about the media today?  It is not uncommon to see people, running into each other, while staring at their hand held device. Folks can’t even drive today, for having to look, at what they are holding, in their hands. Most of the car horns that, I hear in the city is because somebody is texting, and not driving.

How many hours is your television set, on during the day?  I ask that question in that way, because your subconscious is honing in on the program, whether you are paying any attention or not. Most television programs are not designed to edify the Christian. As far as that goes, the majority of Christian programming on television is not fit to instruct any Christian that, are worth their salt!!

In America we worship the images that these over paid, so called entertainers produce. I say that we worship the images, because if we knew how most of them really felt about us, we would change our object of worship. Most of the modern day musicians have made a deal with Satan, in exchange for fame, and they don’t even try to hide the fact any longer. Most of Hollywood are atheists, and I can’t even say about our gods, of the arena.   American Idol?

I feel like a prophet, in the Old Testament calling out, to the children of God. Warning them that, the Judgment of God is going to fall, on our land. I pray that we have not gone too far, or waiting till it is too late, for God to hear our cries to Him. Knowing that He would rather see our repentance, than to receive more lip service.

I personally think that we have waited too late, and crossed the line of no return. I believe that our country has followed the leading, of the world, for too long. I believe that the Judgment of God is coming, on the whole world, because there are too many signs, of His coming in place.

No matter how strongly that, I believe this is true, I continue to cry out to God for mercy. I am asking for mercy for myself, because I am not in much better standing, than the undegenerated person. The really sad part of this post is the fact that Father is not calling the unsaved person into repentance. He is calling His children to turn from their wicked ways, and we are all guilty of having wicked ways, in the sight of a Holy God.

 2Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Are you willing to humble yourselves and pray?      Ain’t God Awesome?

           ….Much Love    

No comments:

Post a Comment