www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Guilty of Being a Sinner!!

 This might be an ongoing theme. I really don’t know, but I do feel, that this is the way, that the Spirit is leading me again today. Maybe I need to realize how good Father has been in my life, in a deeper sense. I have been praying here lately this prayer: “I want my will to be to do your will. Please help me to make it be that way.”  Either way that it goes, I am once again guilty of being a sinner!!

We will be in the book of Ephesians today. Paul is telling the people of Ephesus about the goodness of God. Part of realizing the goodness, of Father is knowing where, and what He has, brought us from.  Let’s start with the second verse.

Ephesians 2:2  Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Paul starts this verse off speaking of times in the past. How many of us as Christian today realizes that we can revert back, into this condition?   Oh yeah, Satan has not retired, or given up his goal to possess us. He don’t care if it on a temporary basis either. Remember what Jesus said in John 10:10.

Paul is speaking here, of the time, that we were sold out to the work, of our father Satan. This is not the time to act religious. If you are sulking up, and saying that I never was the child of Satan, then I beg to differ. As far as I know, this earth has never hosted but one live birth, as a child of God, and His name was Jesus. 

This is good doctrine. It places us in the best place, which we could be, at the time.  Why do you say that James?   Have you lost your mind?   Maybe,…..However my Spiritual mind is strongly  intact!!  We were the reason that Jesus came to this earth. 

Luke 19:10  For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Now that we know, that is was really good to have been born, in this shape, let’s continue on farther.

 Ephesians 2:3  Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

Conversation:  G390 ἀναστρέφω anastrepho (an-as-tref'-o) v.
1. to overturn
2. also, to return
3. (by implication) to busy oneself, i.e. remain, live

This is where, that we really get down, to the ugly truth about ourselves. The fulfilling of the desires, of my flesh, and of my mind, are the ugliest parts of my life. I used to spend a lot of time in bars. I was there to do, what the rest of the people, went there for to do. I spent most of my life chasing a phantom feeling. I was looking for satisfaction in places, where I could never get enough!
!
I was a great sinner. I could out drink, out smoke, out drug, and out sex most, of the folks, that I was around. I never went into a situation with normal anticipations. I had this raging beast inside of me, with a hunger that could not be filled. It was horrible now that I can look back on it!!  I know that some of you can relate to what I am talking about. Somebody might be reading this, which is living this life right now. I know that it is horrible, but…there is hope.    But God,….

Ephesians 2:4  But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Do you ever wonder just how rich Father is in mercies?   In the book of Lamentations, the Prophet Jeremiah has this to say. Lamentations 3:22-23  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. 23  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. That is really good news for me, because I am sure, that I have taken them to the edge several times. However, I have not worn His great mercies out yet, and neither will you!!!

I like to reference from the Old Testament, as well as the New Testament. Some doctrines teach that the Old Testament is not valid in modern times. I disagree with that way of thinking, and if I am wrong, it will not hurt me in anyway. When Paul was writing to Timothy, these are the words that he said.

2Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

As far as I can tell the meaning, of the word all is not prejudice, in any way, and still covers the entirety.  With that being said I will post a couple more scriptures.

Nehemiah 9:31  Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.

Exodus 20:6  And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Ain’t God good?

       ….Much Love                 

No comments:

Post a Comment