www.billofrights.org

Monday, January 6, 2014

Which I Am Not!!

I am not really sure what this is going to be like today, because I am using my Bible Works 9 program. After I was bragging on E-sword, for being so good, it has failed me, for the first time (I Think). The Bible works is a complicated program, for Bible scholars, which I am not!! Actually, I don’t mess with it much and that is why I don’t know much about it. 

Today I want to share a few verses from the book of Titus. Titus is another book written, by the Apostle Paul, packed full of great information. In the third chapter there is a verse all about me. It might be possible to find yourself, in this verse somewhere, if you look hard enough.
3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another. (Tit 3:3 KJG)

I think that Paul must have known me personally when he wrote this verse about me. The only thing that he seemed to miss, was when he used the word sometimes, found between the words were, and foolish. If he had used the word often in its place, he still would have been simply kind. As far as my life goes I think that these few choice words must be placed in order. Starting at the minor, and going into the major.

I miss my E-sword setup already, especially the old Webster dictionary. I will be using the Sage’s Dictionary instead. It is best to think of The Sage as two different systems: a knowledge database and a multi-tool interface. The knowledge database consists of a tightly integrated English dictionary and thesaurus.  Yes,. I did copy and paste that bit of information.

The first word that I look up in the Sage was the word foolish, and it fit me perfectly. Having or revealing stupidity, or devoid of having good sense or judgment. The next word we see is disobedient. I think that we all know what that word means. In my case, hardheaded, and stubborn will easily interchange. 

Then we come to the word deceived. Because of the foolishness that I have dealt with, it cause me to be disobedient. Then because of my disobedience I was easily deceived.2. (figuratively) to lead astray from safety, truth, or moral uprightness.           Can anybody relate to this so far?

Walking down the road of deception is a road of illusion. Nothing looks like it really is, because everything, which can be encountered, is hiding, behind a mask. That sets up the next problem that is to come; serving divers (diverse or various) lusts and pleasures. Lust is when you long for something, or desire to have something that is forbidden to have.  Pleasures are a sensual delight.

I believe that this is the area that most folks get stuck in for an undetermined amount of time. In my case I was stuck, for several years!! In Hebrews 11:25, Paul acknowledges that there is pleasure in sin, for a season. That is why we commit sin. If it were painful to us we wouldn’t do it a second time. The truth is that it makes of flesh feel really good, and it temporarily satisfies us, for a while.

Living in this manner slowly changes who we were, in the beginning, of this process, to the rest of this verse. (living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another) This means living in depravity, badness, madness, jealousy, and this is just malice and envy. I think that we all know what it means to be hateful, and to hate one another.

Can I recap this for you, using myself, as the example?   Because of my foolishness I became disobedient. Then because of my disobedience, I became deceived. After deception came upon me it caused me to start serving many lust, and seeking greater pleasures. Then because I could not satisfy my flesh it changed who I was into a mean ornery person, who hated everyone around me, because I hated myself!!     Now, can anybody relate to this?     Maybe you just wish to pull out your religious card, and say pass!! If you do this, you will also pass on the best part.

In the next verse we find that it starts with But. After a verse like this one, I need a but to follow. This verse gave me an accurate picture, of what I looked like, at one time, and can look like now, if I take my eyes off of Jesus. However, I will follow up with the next verse, in the next post. This will give you that pulled out the religious card, and choose to pass the time to reconsider, because this next verse is superb!!      Ain’t God good?

        …..Much Love                    

No comments:

Post a Comment