www.billofrights.org

Friday, January 31, 2014

Mission Impossible

The service was about to start, and the sanctuary filled up. There were a lot of familiar faces, along with quite a few new ones. However, once the music began to play, my total attention was focused elsewhere. This might be the first time, at least the first time in memory, that the going on’s around me, where of no consequence. 

I remember once the music started to play, warmth filled my heart. Like a baby reaching for his father, I immediately reached toward Heaven, for my Father. It was honestly a natural movement, and felt just as natural as it was. I don’t know how, these other denominations are satisfied, with just reaching toward Heaven, with their hearts? 

Limitations 3:41  Let us lift up our heart with our hands unto God in the heavens.

If King David, a man after God’s own heart would praise in this way, then why can’t we?  That is the wrong question. If it was good enough, for the worship of a King, then why should we be too proud, to lift up our hands in worship?

Psalms 134:2  Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.

I am not poking at nobody this morning, because I believe, that we worship, the God of our own understanding. I have tried to worship the God, of other peoples understand, and it didn’t work.    Can I slow down, and be honest?      The reason that I am in this Spiritual place that I am at is no accident.  I took work, and really hard work. 

What did you do James?   We will do the same thing!!   I surrendered.   I gave up. I quit fighting against God, and took up the fight internally against Satan. That where all the hard work began. It seemed that I would wake up in the middle of the night, in a battle with the beast. When Jesus cast out the demon that had taken residence in my body, smoking for over thirty years the demon rebelled!!  I was so addicted that I cried myself to sleep several nights in severe pain, both mental and physical.

Luke 12:48  But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

Before we can worship our Lord in a bigger way, He has to first become bigger in our vision. Have you ever noticed that those that know the Lord more intimately, the larger their scale of worship?      Have you ever secretly, had a small case, of worship envy?    I have been very guilty of having worship envy.     I have sat, and watched other people, worship their God, in such a way, that it has made me reach the point of jealousy.

I am being serious!!         I have even tried to mimic their actions.      If they moved their hands in a certain way. I would copy their actions, as closely as possible. At my church, pastor often asks us to pray in the Spirit. People all over the sanctuary start saying words, that I can’t understand. I have gone as far, as just making up a mumble to fit in. However that can to a sudden halt.

Why?     Because it wasn’t real!!   It is not possible for me, I can’t say for anybody else, but I can’t praise God if I don’t know Him.  If I don’t know Father in an intimate way, then what can I praise Him for?   If I don’t acknowledge His goodness in my life, then all the credit goes to me?    But,…

I must admit that I have been learning bunches, from the attendance back to my church Sunday. I would have to say, of all the important lessons, that I am being taught. The most important one right now, is a deeper understanding; of our relationship with God is a personal relationship. We were all made different. We all act differently. And we all have a different relationship with Father. Therefore, we all have a different style in which to give praise and glory to our God!!

We don’t have to have a certain move down, because someone else moves in this way. God will honor our praise to Him, if we remain the person, that He has made us to be!! I believe that is why He has made all of His children uniquely different. Sometimes as humans, we seem to feel better about things, if we can use the big words, to explain our situation with Father. We like to think that we are making something as big as possible. However in all reality, we don’t even start to understand how big it really is!!

1Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

This verse,…this one verse says it all!!   I challenge you to do a word study of this verse, and read all the commentaries that you can stand to read on it. this one verse, once you understand the true meaning behind it, will  bring forth a praise to the Lord, like only you can do!!      Ain’t Good good?

      …..Much Love                

No comments:

Post a Comment