www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I was Almost Giddy!!

As the bus came to stop, I assured the lady sitting behind the wheel. The only other way which she could have done me better, would have been to drop me off, at the front door. I don’t remember feeling any feelings of fear as I walked back into the door. Actually, I was like a small child filled with amazement. Nothing had really changed as far as my memory served. The ceilings were still thirty-five, to forty feet tall, because of the second level balcony. However, for some reason they were mesmerizing to me. 

I walked into my Sunday school class, that was being held inside the sanctuary. This was nothing new to me, because I used to do this when I was running late for Sunday school. I couldn’t explain this at the time, but I was simply tickled to be sitting, in the sanctuary listening to familiar voices teaching. Truth was that I was almost giddy!! 

THE SECOND ATTACK:

After the class was over I shook this man’s hand, and he had these words to say to me. “I haven’t seen you in Sunday school class in a few weeks.” I wasn’t really comfortable with the way that he put it, because of the high, and mighty look behind the words. I just blew his approach off, and assured him that I haven’t been in class for several months, and I had been looking for a different church. I did go on to tell him that there was no church like this one. At least not for me.

I believe that this man was offended by what I had just said to him. He said something really snooty to me, and I just walked on down to the place that I used to sit in. The sixth row, right in front of the pulpit, and I set down. The event with the man had rolled off my back like water on a duck. I was too busy being happy, to let foolishness get me down. After all, I was back where I should be, and where I was the most comfortable at the time.

IGNORANCE IS BLISS:

I talked to another couple, which I always talked with before the services. I explained to them where that I had been, and what that I had been doing. I told them of all the dead churches that I have visited over the last few months, and the fact that there was nothing dead about this church. Then the lady asked me a question. “Did you feel the anointing, when you walked back, through the door?”  

I stood there in shame, at the fact that I had felt the anointing, but I didn’t realize what it was at the time. It had been so long since I had felt this kind of power, that I was oblivious to what was going on. Every hair on my arms, and neck had been on edge, since walking through the doors. There was a smile on my face, which couldn’t be ripped off, and a fire inside my heart, that couldn’t be extinguished. They say that ignorance is bliss, and I was blissfully ignorant, that I was full of the joy, of the Lord!!

I don’t know if you have ever had an experience, like the one, that I was having. Honestly, I never even thought that it could be possible. I never dreamed, that a man could settle for less, for such a long time, that when he was surrounded by the Spirit of the Lord, that he would need help recognizing the presence!!  The absolute scary part to me is that I used to, or at least I thought, that I used to be quick, with picking up, on Holy Spirit. This is turning out to be one of those if you don’t use it, than you start losing it events. 

Dear Readers, please take heed, that all this has come about, within the first thirty minutes, of me walking in the door!! The worship service hasn’t even begun to start, and Holy Spirit has already been showing me a few things. The things, that He was showing me, were not immediately followed with information. Those would come throughout, the next couple days. They were only the reference points to work from, to receive the truth. 

This was missing truth from my own life. Then again, maybe not so much, missing truth, but misguided, or misaligned truth, that needed to be adjusted, in my personal, walk with God. Paul said something, which keeps hanging in my craw. We are responsible for working out our own Salvation. He did not say that we were responsible in any way for our Salvation. However he did say that we had to work it out!!

Philippians 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

This assures me, that we are to be as unique, as Father has made us, in our relationship with Him.      Have you ever thought about this?      Why didn’t God create two of Moses, and let them work in shifts?    If Abraham was such a good friend of God, then why wasn’t there more of him?      How about the disciple whom Jesus loved?

God has a plan, and His plan is perfect. We are all in God’s plan, whether we want to be or not. Some of us are liabilities in God’s plan, and some of us are assets. Whoever we are we have our own part to play, and there is something, that Father will use us for, that nobody else can accomplish. We are a part of the puzzle, which is never ending!!     Ain’t God good?

        ….Much Love        

No comments:

Post a Comment