www.billofrights.org

Friday, January 3, 2014

Be A Overcomer!!

My day hasn’t turned out today, like I wanted it to turn out, but that is alright. I spent almost three hours, in the Dr.’s office today, just to get blood drawn, for my next visit. I took the opportunity to read my small New Testament, which I keep in my backpack. I keep all kinds of different things, in my backpack, and it goes everywhere, that I go. 

I was reading mostly in the book of Revelation. I started to notice a certain theme, or a special gift, or blessing to those that overcome. Before I even start to post the scriptures that relate to this topic, we need a definition, of what it is to overcome. I really love to use the old Webster’s dictionary of 1828. 

OVERCOME, v.t.
1. To conquer; to vanquish; to subdue; as, to overcome enemies in battle.
2. To surmount; to get the better of; as, to overcome difficulties or obstacles.
 OVERCOME, v.i. To gain the superiority; to be victorious.

This particular dictionary can be difficult to find. I know this, because I was looking for a copy to install, on my lap top. I finally found a place where I could download it, and it was on one of the Bible software systems that I use. This is one of the better resources, for Bible study, that I can find for the money. Actually, this is a priceless piece of software, and the cost of owning this is totally free!!

I joke you not!!   If you really care to go in-depth, with your Bible study, and you don’t have a lot of money to spend, this is for you. It has everything that you will need. You choose the Bible that you want to use, and you can use several at the same time. The same applies to commentaries, and dictionaries. There are special cases where there will be a cost, but it is always noted. I promise you, the more that you learn, in the operation of this software, the more that you will love it!!     Here is the link. 


I like all those definitions, of what it is to be an overcomer. Overcome is a word that requires action. We can never be victorious by doing nothing. We must always be active, because we are always, on the battlefield. Now this text comes from the letter to the seven churches, with outstanding promises for each. 

Revelation 2:7  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:10-11  Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.


Revelation 2:17  He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Revelation 2:26  And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Revelation 3:5  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Revelation 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 3:21  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Revelation 21:7  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

These are some very exciting promises, don’t you think?    Especially, the one that was in the twenty-first chapter. I think that the greatest privilege, which a Christian will ever receive, is to be known, as a child of God.  I really think, that is the greatest blessing, that we will ever receive!!
I guess that I need to post one more verse, which will explain how, that we are to accomplish this major feat. We do have a lot to overcome, and there isn’t but one solution to achieve this major problem. 

Revelation 12:11  And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.  

         Ain’t God good?

        ….Much Love      

No comments:

Post a Comment