www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Emotions were Running Dangerously High

I have a really hard time with understanding myself. Truthfully, there are times much worse than others. I am as stubborn as a mule about something’s in my life. The crazy thing is that I am just as stubborn about the things that I want. Saturday when my buddy drove away, I got really excited, about going back to my church. However, I failed to show any emotion to him while we were together.          Why, you might be asking?  The truth is that I didn’t know, that answer myself. 

I prayed earnestly Saturday night, that there would be no obstacles, in my way, which could prevent me, from attending the service. When my alarm went off on Sunday morning, I immediately sprang from out of the bed. “This is the day that the Lord has made!! I will rejoice, and be glad in it.” This just rolled out of my Spirit, and I realized that this hasn’t happened in a while. I used to wake up every morning, saying that Bible verse. (Psalms 118:24)

I had two, and a half hour, before my bus would come, at the station in downtown. I don’t like to be in a rush. I have found that almost every time I get in a rush, one of two things happen. Either I miss a thing, that I really needed to see, or I simply make a wrong decision.     Can anybody relate with this?

Actually, it didn’t take me all that long to get ready. I spent most of my time chomping at the bits, in great anticipation, for the day that lied ahead of me. My emotions were running dangerously high, and growing even higher at the moment.    How many of you know that the higher that you fly; the harder that you can crash or land. 

THE FIRST ATTACK:

I just couldn’t stand it any longer, so I left my house thirty minutes, before the bus was supposed to leave the station. I only live five to seven minute away, greatly depending on the traffic.   Do you ever notice that there doesn’t seem to be a traffic situation on Sunday morning?    Game day affects the traffic much more, than the church crowd does in the city. 

 I always prefer to be on time, if not a little bit early. I took time to greet all those that I knew that lived in my area, on the way. Rarely, do I pass a person without speaking to them, even riding my bicycle. I do have reputation for being friendly.         “I prefer to think of it, as the joy, of the Lord!!”

I was getting closer to the bus station, as I noticed a bus sitting in the portal, where my bus should pull into a little bit later. I simply assumed that it was the other bus, which shared the same docking place. When I got close enough to see which bus that it was, it was the bus that I needed to take today.       How could that be?     I looked at the clock, and it was only twenty minutes until ten. That bus wasn’t scheduled to leave, until five minutes past ten. 

I pedaled a little faster, to get to the station. While I was wrestling with my lock on my bike, which was acting contrary, I heard this familiar sound.   Beep, beep, beep.   This is the sound that the bus makes with rising up from the kneeling position, to make the passenger access easier. I my Spirit I groaned, and told Holy Spirit to have His way. 

Nothing seemed to change. The lock was still acting, if it had a mind of its own. It seemed to be extended great power to not come together, in the way that it should. I never gave up. Actually, I slowed down, and simply accepted my unknown fate. Suddenly, I heard the bus lower into the kneeling position once again, and as quickly as it did this action.   Beep, beep, beep. 

The lock suddenly worked, and I was hurrying toward the bus. I heard this voice behind me, “Are you needing that bus?”  I nodded my head while staying in motion and the policeman behind me started shouting, “Hold that bus!!” Then suddenly, like a chain reaction, folks started yelling to hold my bus!! This was surely the work of Holy Spirit, because this is just one of the ways in which He works.    Amen.

I grabbed a new schedule when I boarded the bus. I noticed that the schedule had changed, but only by nine minutes. It was supposed to depart from the station at nine: fifty- six. We were pulling out from the station, and it was only nine: forty-five. They never leave that station early, because of severe penalties to the driver. It is better to be late with the approach, than to leave early. 

I knew that my trip would conclude at the bus stop, on the street that my church was on, if the Lord be willing. As the bus started to turn on Ramona Boulevard, I pressed the signal to stop. I started walking to the front of the bus, because I always like to thank the driver. As the lady bus driver, passed the stop, that I had intended to get off at, I told her that my stop was missed.  When she finally stopped we were at the main entrance.     Ain’t God good?

I really don’t have the time to do this story, the justice that it deserves to have, in this one post. I will write the next post, from my feet stepping of the bus, to the conclusion of my church visit.
If you notice I didn’t copy out one verse from the Bible. When were out in the world, doing our daily business, few of us are walking around with our Bibles. This is the time that we need to have the Word of God in our hearts. The Word of God will change us, into something that we don’t naturally possess. The Word of God will make us brake forth, with love to others. The best thing that I think that it does is it allows us to be taken out of the picture, and Jesus to shine forth!!

      ….Much Love      

No comments:

Post a Comment