www.billofrights.org

Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Faith of a Child

I want to write something, a little different today. I have already checked in with headquarters, and surrendered, my will to His, so were going to see what comes out. I don’t want to come off sounding like the essence of God is fairy tale-ish, in any way. However, with my finite mind, and my childhood education, it will slip right place, at first glance.

Jesus said, in the book of Mark, when the disciples were keeping the children back from coming to Jesus.   Mark 10:14-15  But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. 15  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

This reminds me of a story that I heard on the radio today. This family came home from church one Sunday, and the father asks his young son, what he had learned in Sunday school. Suddenly, the young boy brightened up, and very excitedly, said these words. Today we learned how awesome and powerful our God really is!!

The father rubbing his chin, over the excitement of his son asks how that came about. The son stated that the teacher told them that the Bible was not correct in saying that the Israelite’s crossed the Red Sea. It was actually the Reed Sea, and the water was only six inches deep, where that they crossed.

The father was taken back, at the point that a Sunday school teacher in his church, would be teaching, that the Bible was not accurate. Seeing how his son was so excited about what he had learned, he asked this question.           How did that show God in his awesome power?    The little boy with a sheepish smile on his face looked at his father, saying these words: Don’t you realize that God drowned the entire Egyptian army, along with their horses, in just six inches of water!!        Aren’t kids great?

I want to focus mostly on verse fifteen.        Why would Jesus say something like this?          Do you think that He was saying, that those whom believed, should be gullible as a child?       You know that children will believe anything that they are told. I don’t think that this is the reason. The things that Jesus talked about are still mind boggling today.         Can you imagine how hard they were to believe back when these words were first said?   I believe that Jesus was right in saying, that we must receive the things, which He spoke about, as a little child.

What is so special about the way that children see things?  The first great thing about seeing the way a child see’s is the fact, which they have not yet been taught to hold, on to the pains, which they experience in life. Yes, I said taught, because they learn that skill by watching the adults around them. They are pure, unashamed, and are willing to forgive the most grievous wrongs, that are done toward them. They are incapable of holding a grudge, or ill feelings toward anybody, for any real amount of time.

I believe that it will be a great time to contrast the mind, and hearts of a child, against those of an adult. I realize that there are at least two different kinds of adults. Those that know Jesus and those that don’t know Jesus. Knowing Jesus should start to change the hearts of the vilest humans. Although, most of us by the time, that we receive Jesus have severe heart conditions. We have held on to the worst pains, which we have experienced in our lives, and swore to never let it happen again.

Our hearts have become so hard, that a nuclear bomb couldn’t crack it!! You know that I am telling the truth, and Jesus knew this also. This is why the Bible has this scripture.  Ezekiel 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

I honestly believe that Jesus is the only source, which we can find to make this transformation inside of us. It was something that I desperately needed to happen in my life. I was on the way to becoming a very cold hearted, extremely bitter man, who was steadily withdrawing, from all aspects of society. I realize that I wasn’t the worse that Jesus has dealt with, but I was bad enough.

I don’t think that I believed everything, that the Bible said, in the beginning. I think for me it was a process, that took a little time. Although today, I can say that I believe things, that I can’t understand. Like an axe head made of iron floating, in the river Jordan. How about this one?  A virgin giving birth!!

Most of the things that Jesus was speaking about required a great stretch of our imagination. The only way that we could receive a lot of it was with childlike faith. I can attest to the truth that once we receive those issues in that way, they get easier to accept. Right now, anything that it says in my Bible, I believe with all my heart and soul. I don’t have to understand the way that it works; I just accept it as the truth!!    Ain’t God good?

               ….Much Love             

No comments:

Post a Comment