www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Part of a Greater Plan

Hey y’all, come right on in, and gather round me, because I am still in the process of rebuilding the broken altar of my heart. 1Kings 18:30  And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.

I guess there will come several times, in the life of a true believer, when their altar is due, for an overhaul. Now, don’t get discouraged if you’re not a true believer. At least you know where you stand. I wasn’t always one myself, and I care to dare that I have readers who assume that they are, but or not. Either way that you stand, you could be, in a worse crowd.

I guess that some of you are confused, about how a person’s altar could suddenly break down. The truth is that it hasn’t happened all that suddenly. It has been wearing thin for a long time, and I simply kept trying to make the same stuff work. There comes a time when we expect more from God, and at the same time trying to keep doing the same old song and dance. 

I believe that there are levels that we go through, in our Spiritual walk. We know and realize when our worship is getting stale. How could we not be aware of the difference?   I personally revert back to my childhood, and start to whistle, as the path grows darker. I think if I can whistle loud enough, or long enough, that everything will continue on its way.

There are a couple reasons that I do this. The first one is that I really don’t like change. Now for a Christian to say this is an oxymoron, because nothing in our lives stays the same. That is until we get used to things being that way!! I know that change is just another door of opportunity opening up, and we all need these doors, to open, in our lives. Look around you, and see how great, and good, that our Lord is to us!!

I think that in time, if we press into Father He starts to evolve in our Spirits, and in our center of our being. As for me, He starts getting larger, and becoming more of a reality. I know, and realize the things of Father, and the creation of His children, that I never even could imagine before. I have come to realize, that the Word of God, is much more, than words on the pages. It really is a well laid out battle plan, for an ongoing war, which most don’t even think that it real. It is hidden inside a love letter, and that is hidden inside a ludicrous fairy tale, as most folks see it.  I know this, because I used to be one of those folks!!

I have forgotten what the second reason was, but we can say safely, that it was the same as the first. I don’t like change!! However, if you really knew me, and could hear my conversations with God, everything that I say, or do is begging for change. I am a walking prayer, and the only part of my prayers, which are about me, is when I asked for Holy Spirit to reveal more of Jesus to me. 

That is the reason that my altar, of my heart needs repair. I truly love, and worship, the God of all creation. Seeing how He loves me so much, he is willing to help me prepare the next level of an altar, which He finds suitable to Him. The great thing is, that I don’t know what to expect. Then again, I never was supposed to make it this far either.

 I have found when you take everything about us, everything means everything!! The good, the bad, and the ugly, with warts, freckles, and all the fears wrapped up in our wrong doings, and offer them to Jesus.   Do you realize what happens next?   Jesus goes to work!!   A lot of folks don’t know enough about Jesus to realize that He is not lazy. The last three years, of His life here on the earth, He walked the earth working. 

You might be saying that you didn’t know anything about Jesus working, beyond the fact, that He was a carpenter. If that is what you think, then you have been highly deceived. Ministry takes work, and really hard work. It is not like busting up really big rocks, into much smaller rocks. It is a Spiritual effort, and often seeps down into an emotional level. All you have to do to realize this spend some time in your Bible. All of the prophets dealt with depression to one degree or another, even Jesus groaned in the Spirit, and was troubled. (John 11:33)

I am not sure how long, this repair is going to take to finish this time. I have already decided to shake things up really good, and change my weekly schedule. I have decided to free up my weekends totally, so that I can do something more constructive, with that time. I would really like to volunteer a few hours on Saturday, in a ministry, that needs help.  Naturally Sunday is meant to be spent in worship, and I will be telling you more about that later on.

I am really excited about the things, which the Lord is doing, in my life. Actually, I am just excited about Jesus!!          Ain’t it great, when a person comes to realize, that they are a part, of a greater plan?        Ain’t God good?

                 ….Much Love              

No comments:

Post a Comment