www.billofrights.org

Friday, January 10, 2014

A Spiritual Illusion of Confusion

Have you ever had a church, illusion of confusion?    Let me tell you about something, which happened to me last Sunday. I went back to the church of Christ. You know the one, that dosen’t play any instruments, when they sing, or at all.  I thought that if singing, without instruments was the worst that they do, surely I could get over that little bit.  After all, the preacher seemed to be really knowledgeable, in the Word.

I will have to be honest about the singing service. It truly was a joy to my ears. I got all wrapped up in the song service. Do you know what I am saying?   I was getting my grove on, singing with the crowd!! I’ve told y’all before that I don’t sing well. However, I got in the Spirit with that praise service, and was worshipping my Lord with song!! There were around five-hundred folks there, that Sunday morning, and they were sounding great.

When the song service ended, I was ready to continue, in the Spirit, to the Word of God being preached. The preacher got up, and told us to go to the second chapter, in the book of Acts, starting at verse fourteen. He really has the Bible memorized, and he rarely stays behind the pulpit. This preaching man is a ball full of energy, and causes most of us to share, in his enthusiasm. The title of the message was, “making sure that your, this was that.”

He went on to say that so many have got away from the true gospel of the Bible. We needed to make sure what we were practicing today, (our this) was what the Bible taught (our that). I was sitting there thinking, that he is right with saying, what he said. He preached on for around fifteen minutes, when he got to verse thirty-eight. 

Acts 2:38  Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

This man took this verse, and said that salvation was not complete without baptism. Suddenly I got this gut wrenching sick feeling, in the center, of my being. Then he went to a couple more verses, to make his point. I found myself sitting there in confusion, because I was up against a wall. He even said that whoever came up with the deal, of Just calling on the name of Jesus alone was enough for salvation was wrong. Salvation is not complete without baptism!! He even called a few denominational names of the guilty parties.

By the time this man went all through the Bible, Old and New Testaments, proving his point, I was in a mess. This man must be a lawyer, because of the way that he sold this idea. Everything that he brought out made, this seen to be true. However, I was fighting in my Spirit against what he said!! I knew that somehow this was a spiritual illusion of confusion, but I could not figure out how. 

I am sharing this with you, so you will realize that, I go thru Spiritual battles, the same as you. Honestly, I was dumbfounded, and couldn’t put the scripture together to bust this illusion. I prayed for Jesus to show me if this, was the truth. I prayed the Holy Spirit would search my heart, and see if there was anything in me blocking this out, if it was the truth. I was confused, but I wasn’t baffled, to the point of worry.

Last night,(Wednesday) I was reading my Bible, and Holy Spirit started talking. This is so sweet, that I need to put into human words, so you can understand better. I was not studying anything about any of these things, which I am telling you about today. Actually, I was studying about children. Holy Spirit: What about the thief?    What thief?     What are you taking about?    The thief on the cross.    I don’t understand.    Why are you saying to me, the thief on the cross?   That is the answer to what you are seeking.     Then it struck me hard.          Wow!!      You are right!!     Thank you!!

Luke 23:42-43  And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43  And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Jesus didn’t say to him, “If you can hop down, and be baptized, then we have a deal!!” I can’t tell you why I didn’t catch that at first. I did know that something was wrong. It simply didn’t align with my Spirit. It was like it was grieving me, but I just couldn’t place my finger on what it was, at the time. I have written to you that Jesus stands alone several times. Jesus plus nothing equals Salvation, and Jesus plus anything else is heresy.

I am not sure why, Holy Spirit took His time to reveal, that to me. However, I know everything He does is for a good reason. Sometimes He works faster than other times. The great thing is that He is always working!!

John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Ain’t God good?

          ….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment