www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Different Attitudes

I hope all that reads this is doing well, and happy, in the Lord. I can tell you from experience that, there is no better place to be. I was wonder how you handle when people don’t treat you, in the way that, you feel that they should? I know during the course of my day I usually encounter a lot of different attitudes, and some of them I, don’t care for at all.

I have looked in the Bible where it says that, we should immediately, lay Holy hands, on them with force, and I can seem to find it. I have also looked, for when the time is right to belligerently, tell them about their sorriness, but once again, I can’t seem to locate that one either. Actually, I can’t find a thing which would allow me to blow off steam. However……there is always a “however” lurking in the mist, when I want my way, instead of God way!! I found scripture how we should act at all times. 

  Philippians 2:3  Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 

There went both my bright ideas, but they were wrong to begin with!! This is the Word of the living God. when Jesus ask the  disciples were they going to leave Him also, peter had the right answer. 

John 6:68  Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. 

Dear readers please don’t be confused, because Jesus is God, and the same eternal life words that He spoke while on the earth, is the same words that we read here. If those that ticked us off out in the world, or anywhere else, that does include church; the first thing that we need to do is check our attitude. We are to esteem, or hold higher others, that we do ourselves. I know how hard that can be at times, bur keep this in mind that it’s through the hard times that we grow. Jesus never said a thing about it being easy. This next verse doesn’t get any better.

We should not act out of strife, or contention. Anger or completion with others is what, this is saying. Vainglory is nothing more than false pride, acting like we are better than, those around us. The Bible warns us over again, about this particular attitude. When we have an uplifted or haughty attitude, about ourselves, we are heading for a fall. 

Philippians 2:4  Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

 We should keep with the first verse in putting others needs in front of our own. I can tell you straight up that living in the city, this is difficult to do. There are people trying to take advantage of you, and all those behind you in line, if there is one. Jesus never said a thing, about using discernment, in the way that, we treat others. 

I really think that, it would be good if we had an example, to have as a guide, to go by.  Don’t you think that would be nice? Apparently, the apostle Paul, thought it would benefit those reading this letter, in the church of Philippi. He found us a great example, and he had to look no further, than the Author, and finisher of our faith; Jesus Christ. Paul wasn’t messing around, as we will see in the next few verses.

Philippians 2:5-8  Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7  But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8  And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross

I think that was an awesome example, that should humble, the hardest-heart, of a believer. I think that when I think about these words, and I look back over the life of Jesus, it makes me hang my head in shame. If my Creator, and the Creator of everything that I will ever know, can humble Himself to that point, then I have nothing to complain about. I should never do anything opposite, of how Jesus acted. There is a problem though. I know that this feeling will leave me, and somebody will push my button, and it is reaction time. I live in an earth suit, that is made of flesh. When I use the word I, what I am talking about is the real me. The Spirit of James, who loves and worships Jesus, in all of His being.

This transportation devise that I call the earth suit is very flawed. It was not flawed by the manufacture, but it has been marred by the presence of sin. Actually it is attracted to sin, and the grosses kind of sin. It loves to wallow in sin, like a pig loves to wallow in the mud. One of the biggest challenges we face every day…every day……every day…got it?         How often?          EVERY DAY!!  One of the biggest challenges that we face every day is the bringing, of our bodies, or earth suit, under subjection, to the will, of our Spirit.

If we are born again, washed in the blood of the Lamb, children of the living God, them our Spirit is meshed with God’s Spirit, and therefore our Spirit is perfect!!   Need proof?

John 14:20  At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Please ponder over this verse, and it will give you a new level of freedom, in Jesus Christ.    Ain’t Jesus Awesome?

             ….Much Love            

No comments:

Post a Comment