www.billofrights.org

Monday, June 9, 2014

Powerless

I am over-whelmed, at how awesome, that Jesus is!! I am amazed how He will allow me to wander around, from church to church, while I am a member of another. I live in an area, where I can’t even tell you how many churches that, there are within a mile radius. I have been to a lot of them, and I found something good, in every one of them. It seemed in every one that, I went to I found myself compromising, on my personal beliefs.

You might be thinking that, it may be possible that, I have too many personal beliefs. I know that I have quite a few, but I’ve based them all, from the Word of God. I know, and realize that, we are living, in the last days, before the return of Jesus. I can’t say how many years are left, but I know that it is closer, than it ever has been before. I don’t believe that it is time for compromise, because Jesus is not coming back, to receive a whore church.

Ephesians 5:27  That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. 

These are very strong words, speaking about the church that Jesus is going to rapture. I am a firm believer, that salvation is a personal gift. Personal; because we need to learn how to life, all over again, because everything has changed, in our lives.

2Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Somewhere in the last two-thousand years, we have gotten off track, from the example, of the first church. Today’s modern church has no power, like the earlier churches had and, it is not really hard to tell what the difference is. Those of us that spend any time, in the Word of God know that, God hasn’t changed His mind about anything. 

Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

The problem of, our lack of power, in the church lies, in the membership role. To begin with ever church has active, and inactive member that, are not even Saved. They have never been to the cross of Calvary, for forgiveness of sin. If that is not bad enough, a large number of those that have been redeemed, by the blood, of the Lamb are backslidden. They are involved in fornication, adultery, drunkenness, and the like. The devil has a bag over their head, believing that they have some super Hell insurance, and don’t need to repent.

Paul, in the book to the Galatians, calls these things the work, of the flesh. The prognosis that he gives at the end, is not promising at all.

Galatians 5:19-21  Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20  Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21  Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,…..James I have been Saved.”   So I guess you are saying that, there are parts, of the Bible that, don’t apply to you? Actually, I am not sure of a few things in the Bible. I have to take the most of the Word literally, because I know that Jesus doesn’t change. The same Jesus that left this world is, not the same one that, is coming back. On His return trip He will be coming in all power, by the authority of God the Father. He will be the King of kings, and the Lord of lords!!

Revelation 19:11-16  And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12  His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15  And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

I am not saying if you continue to live, in your sin that, you won’t inherit the Kingdom of God. The Word of God is saying all that. I am just pointing it out to you, and giving a portrait from the Word of God, a returning Jesus. The great thing, about His fierce look of Jesus is the fact that, it is not intended for us. We have already been raptured, out of the earth, and are riding with Jesus, in verse fourteen.

However what I am saying, is the thing that I started with saying. Before we are raptured, we will need power in our churches, to have the move of God, for our protection. We are heading into rough days to be a Christian. We are going to experience, what other countries have been dealing, with for century’s. Americans are blind to the persecution that, we will before long, be receiving as payment, for our faith. 

Some of us seem that, we have forgotten the extreme feeling of love, and forgiveness that, we first felt, when we invited Jesus, into our hearts and lives. Some of us need to re-chose our priorities, and start acting like we know that we have eternal life.    Do you realize how long that is?    Neither do I.  I have decided, if I am going to live any longer, than I already have lived, that I want the full Kingdom of God, at my disposal.

I am sure that once we really receive Salvation, that is eternal. We are sealed with the Holy Spirit, and that is a done deal. However, the Word of God is, still the word of God, and it appears that rebellion still has consequences ever for the believer. The believer rebellion has been the focus of much, of the Bible. I will leave you with a prime example.

2Chronicles 7:14  If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Another strong warning!!    Ain’t God Awesome?

                ….Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment