www.billofrights.org

Friday, June 6, 2014

We Need Mercy & Grace

There is a question that I need to ask my readers.   Do you believe in Jesus Christ?  If you said yes, then I need to ask another question. What do you believe about Him?    Are you like the Jehovah Witnesses? You believe that He was a good man, and a prophet. Are do you believe like the most, of the world believes, that Jesus Christ was a lunatic? I must admit myself that, if He wasn’t the Son of God, then He must have been a lunatic.

Just to relieve any doubts, that the readers might have at this point. I am basing my entire Salvation experience, on the fact that, He was the Son of God. I personally don’t have any options, because the story of Jesus is the best thing that, I have ever heard. I’ve tried a lot of different ways to work my way, or to earn my way into Heaven, but none of those panned out. I’m sure in all my bumbling, and fumbling that, I worked out this verse that Paul wrote.

Philippians 2:12  Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 

The main thing that we need to accomplish, in this short span of time on the earth is, to develop a relationship with Jesus. One of the great mysteries to building that relationship is the drawing, of Holy Spirit first. We don’t just decide one day that, Jesus is the cool way to go. You might have set it many church services, then one day He will move on you. Holy Spirit moves on God’s timing, and He is not required to tarry with us, although sometimes He does.

1Corinthians 1:18  For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

This is the only way that, anybody will ever come to Jesus. Sadly, there is not much preaching of the cross, in today’s society. Satan knows what he is doing, by taking the cross, and the blood, from the lips, of modern day preachers. The church has even changed over the years. It used to be a place that the believers meet to worship God. That is no longer true, in most churches, because in most churches is purely a business. They draw those with fat wallets in, and build the church around making them happy.

Satan is the expert in dumbing-down people. Take the preaching of the cross from the church, and you keep those that perish foolish.            Have you ever thought about why that Marijuana is becoming legal, in the United States, for recreational use? I have smoked plenty of pot to qualify me, to speak about the use of it, in my life. Back in my younger days, I went through the phase of getting high, and reading the Bible. I thought that I had great clarity of the Word, but couldn’t remember the next day any of it.

This is a great tool to use, in the dumbing-down, of the American people, or any people in the world. Marijuana doesn’t not belong, in the hands, of the children of God. We deal with a source of power that is far greater, than the effects of Marijuana. If you truly want to get high, then we need to get high on Jesus!!  He is the best high, which I have ever experienced.

John 14:6  Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

There is a lot of truth in this verse. When Jesus comes into our lives, if we will allow Him, He changes everything. He is a gentleman, because, He will not violate our free will. We have to allow Him to work in our lives. We have to submit, to His will, to allow a transformation to take place. Without Jesus in our lives, we are like caterpillars crawling around simply eating, and destroying all, that we touch.

The result of Jesus in our lives is a very dramatic event. Like the caterpillar we crawl into a cocoon, under the care of the Lord Jesus. It is an inside job, so nobody can see that, we are going through the trials of change. Then one day we emerge from the cocoon, a different creature, which we once were, when we entered in. Like the butterfly, we come out a beautiful creation, with a warrior’s heart, ready to do battle, for the Lord.

Most of us really don’t like change. We are creatures of habit, and we look at any change as painful. There truly is no pain in change. Think about this; you are driving down the road, and you need to change direction that you are going.  You simply adjust, to the direction in which, you need to be going.   Right?  There was no pain involved. It is the resistance to change, that causes us the most pain. The same is true, in our Christian walk with Jesus. The more that we resist the prompting, of Holy Spirit, the more pain that we suffer.

I realize that the style of writing that I do is unusual. I start writing about one thing, and then I change directions, and start writing about something else. By the time that I am finished with the blog, it is possible that I have written, about several different subjects. I write like my life is lived out. I go from one thing to the next, and on to the next, dealing with issues as they come.

I rely heavily on the mercy, and grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. Without His mercy, and grace on my life, my boat is sunk. Without Holy Spirit leading, and guiding me, I am like a blind person, in a strange environment. I am total lost without anyone to trust. I wrote a few days ago about have issues of trust. However, our Father God can be trusted. The Lord Jesus can be trusted, and Holy Spirit can be trusted.

I went out on the longest limb on the tree, because I trust my Salvation, on the shed blood of the cross, by Jesus, as the sin sacrifice, for my own sin. I have never regretted that decision.   Have you placed your faith in the shed blood, of Jesus Christ?     Ain’t God Awesome?

            ….Much Love 

No comments:

Post a Comment