www.billofrights.org

Friday, June 6, 2014

No Boot straps!!

“Something got a hold of me…..Hallelujah.       When I heard the gospel, at the corner of heart break ridge, and new hope road.”  

These are some of the words, to a song that I heard, on the radio. I have never heard it before. It’s kind of a country themed gospel song, but it has a kick to it. I really like a kick, added in on my worship music.  Don’t you?  I really don’t understand, the way that, the Church of Christ plays no music. I am actually looking forward, to the day in Heaven that, Jesus burns the ivory keys off whatever kind of piano that, there is in Heaven!!

Have you ever considered, the musical instrument in Heaven, with Jesus shredding on every one of them?   I have loved music for all of my life. The music that I mostly enjoy now is some kind that edifies, and gives praise and honor, to my Lord. Fortunately I am the one that gauges what I feel does that, and some of what I love, there is a possibility that, you might not care for.

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

For you who don’t think, as deeply as I do about Heavenly issues, I want to give a couple scriptures to back up my theory. The first one is based on our actions on the earth. I love the way this verse is worded. Unto him, that is able; that sounds like my Jesus.  To do exceedingly abundantly above……That is definitely my Jesus.       Oops…. I left out a word. Not just any word, but a main action word.      To do.    Able to do, above all, that we can ask or think!! 

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

There are few people that I let know that I write this blog. The reason being I don’t want them to praise me, or correct me. This is how I honor my Jesus, and there is nothing going to rock my boat. One of the ones that knows what I do, I shared some video, of bluegrass gospel that, I had found. To my surprise he loved it. Its twin sisters and their brother, there is nothing fancy about them, except the way that they play. They call themselves, “The purple hulls.”  Check them out on You Tube. 

I have got so far off tract, with what I wanted to say, about this song that, I have heard today. The reason that, I really grabbed a hold, to this song is the fact that, I can relate to it. There was a time in my life that, something did get a hold on me. Praise the sweet name of Jesus, it demanded a Hallelujah!!  I love the address that this song gives also, because I still can remember standing right there in my life. The corner of heart break ridge, and new hope road!!

Can anybody relate to being there, anytime in your lives? I have been there more, than once in my life. I am just being honest with you. Back in my wild days I had received the promise that, if I changed my ways, and done what they said that, my life would be different. This was a man made promise, and had nothing to do with Jesus. I failed every time that I attempted to grab a hold of my boot straps, and fly right.

I got to thinking that I must be different than most people, because they seemed to have the ability to do the right things. I don’t think that I really had a track record, of making the right choices. Now I know that, I was normal, because I was feeding my flesh, and it was all about me. I wanted the quick fix, in every situation, and every long term decision that, I made my lack of patience would kill it.

Then Jesus……..Should I stop there?     Maybe I should continue in telling you then Jesus rocked my world, and is in the process, of flipping every part, of my life back right-side up. I didn’t even know that, it was flipped upside-down. Everything is getting better now that, I have lost the fight in me to give much resistance. I did go through two years, of what I deemed as pure hell, to get here. Everything is not a bowl of cherries now, but the rewards are out of this world.

Do you realize that, God comes and lives inside, of your body? He is right there with you; leading, guiding, and correcting you as you go. We are never alone once we accept the shed blood of Jesus, and the work of the cross. Just think about that for a minute. God is living on the inside of us, and He is leading us into battle with Satan. This might just blow your mind, but He has special armor for us to wear. The armor is His, and if we will put it on we are guaranteed victory against our adversary. (Ephesians 6:10-18) 

Do you really want to know something that will rattle the cobwebs in your mind?     We win!!    No matter what we go through, and death has no restraint on us. Jesus conquered all these things, on resurrection morning; death, hell, and the grave. He has fully put our sin to death, thus restoring us back to the Father. The great thing is once we really believe on Jesus, and God comes to live on the inside of us, in the form of Holy Spirit, He places a seal on us.

Ephesians 1:13-14  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ain’t Jesus Awesome?   He is truly the gift that keeps on giving!!

          ….Much Love  

No comments:

Post a Comment