www.billofrights.org

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Awesome Situation of Praise…

I don’t know if I have been spoiled, or maybe I simply expect too much. I am talking about my search, for a house of worship, which praises the same way, as I like to praise. Being a part of a Pentecostal group of believers has really been good for me. I never even thought that a God existed out there, until those good folks showed me, that He really does. They taught me the things that will move God, so Holy Spirit will join in our worship service. Those types of things are what I am looking for, in a house of worship.
I have to tell y’all this…..The first time that I went to this certain Baptist church, I ran into a man coming out of Sunday School. I had known a little about him for several years. Actually, I was surprised to see him at any church. We talked briefly, and I made the comment that we should be going inside, for the preaching service. He told me that he had something that he needed to take care of, and wished me well.
I was riding my bike yesterday, and saw him sitting on a front porch. When he saw me, he beckoned me to come over and talk. He asked me what I thought about the service that Sunday. I really didn’t want to offend him with my answer, so I worded my reply very delicate. I started tell him how I was impressed with the preacher, and he suddenly cut me off. He was telling me how he didn’t qualify as a minister of a church, according to the book of Timothy.
He also said that is the reason that he wouldn’t go inside, and allow him to preach to this man. My reply was simple. I looked him dead in the eye, and said these words; “I guess that you need to find you a church also.” We continued talking about other churches, and he made this statement, “You are a Baptist. You don’t need to get your hopes up too high here in Jacksonville.”
I didn’t realize that he struck that very live nerve, until I had snapped at him. “I ain’t a Baptist, and if I am anything it is a Pentecostal!!” His eyes opened wide with shock. Then he asked me why I was at a Baptist church. I explained to him that I was seeking a church, where Holy Spirit is allowed to dwell. I am a Holy Spirit chaser!! I have meet the real deal, and i am prepared to accept no substitutes!!
 I am not looking for a certain denomination. I am looking for Holy Spirit. I really didn’t think that I would find Him at the Baptist church, nor the Presbyterian church either. However, I didn’t know for sure, because Holy Spirit only goes where He is welcome. Holy Spirit is as much of a Gentleman as Father, and Jesus Christ.  All of them might knock on the door of your heart, but forced entry will never be the case.
I am really upset with how some folks praise God. I know that we are all different, and everybody believes that they are right, as I believe that I am. I believe that Jesus has risen from the grave, so I will not be going to any Catholic churches. There are two concrete reasons that I won’t be doing this. The first one is the fact that I can come before the Father, at any time that I choose, and by myself. Heb 4:16  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
 The second reason is that Jesus is still hanging on the Roman cross. I am on a roll tonight, so I might as well go ahead and throw Mary, the mother of Jesus under the proverbial bus. Mary was a sinner just like the rest of us!! I imagine that I have just offended, some of my readers, but the truth can cut like a knife. Those of you that read this blog on a regular basis understand that I am here to please my Lord, and nobody else.
I honestly believe that if we would enter into a time of praise according to the Bible, that we would have greater success. Psalms 96:8 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come into his courts. Psalms 100:1  A Psalm of praise. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. 2  Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. 3  Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. 4  Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name. 5  For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Now,.Honestly,……Does this sound like we are expected to simply show up, with a couple bucks to drop in the plate? Please allow me to interject this nugget; Father ain’t worried about you money!! He only wants you to tithe as an act of obedience, and His goal is to give it back multiplied!!
This is why when I walk into a church, and they start singing songs from the hymnals, that are much older than me, I find this discouraging. Maybe I do expect way too much, but I really don’t think so. Every time that I walk into a sanctuary, I go with expectations, and always bring a gift. I am searching for one base principal in a church, and I know that I will find it, if I keep looking.
John 4:24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. Can I ask a simple question? How many of my readers can honestly say that they have been touched personally by Jesus? The reason that I ask such a question is because when Jesus touches a person everything starts changing. Some things can be quicker than others. Can I be honest with y’all?     It truly grieves my Spirit inside of me, when I attend a casual laid back meeting!!

I need to be in the midst of some real people worshipping a Great, and Grand God like He should be worshipped. In the way that my King James Bible says the Father expects us to worship Him!! I love to be in the presence of the Spirit so thick, that people are shaking, crying, shouting, completely silent……Whoa,….Where did that come from?

Sometimes when the Spirit of the Lord comes upon a person you are totally over-whelmed!! You are stuck right where you are, and how you are, simply basking in the Glory of God. 

……….Much Love               

No comments:

Post a Comment