www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I honestly don’t recall...

  I really don’t understand what is going on here, unless Satan is purposely, trying to give me a very hard time. There has to be a reasonable way that I can fix my computer. Every time I go on the internet this blasted machine goes hay wire!! I only normally use it in three different places, the Landing, McDonald’s, and the public library. The library is the one, which I use the internet the most, and by golly, it does tend to show out far worse here. I know that this Internet here has a lot of sites blocked from accessing, and some of those sights I regularly use for down-loading things. I think that might be my conflict. Even though I can’t access them here, they will still allow me to down-load through them.

Have I mention that my life is getting back to have some normalcy about it? I messed around; no I didn’t mess around, and do anything. I prayed for a bicycle to get around on, here in the city, and the Lord placed a beach cruiser in front of me. When I first got the bike I praised God that I had it, even though I really didn’t like it. I had been used to more expensive bikes, with a lot more accessories.  This bike has one speed, and that is extremely slow. The breaking system is coaster brakes, and I thought that I never would get used to them. I would go to stop, and keep reaching for levers on the handlebars.

That very bicycle that the Lord has given me has turned out to be a major blessing in my life. I ride it almost everywhere that I even think about going. I have learned to control it like I have spent the last five years riding it now. I never leave it outside overnight, so I always carry the bike up a flight of stairs. Living on the second floor has been very good for my back, and carrying that bike daily, has just added to it.

Don’t y’all find it curiously funny, that Father knows exactly what we need at the time? I can’t look back at a time in my life today, and cannot find a time, which I simply don’t need to offer up praise to Father!! I can’t even tell you the joy that floods thought my heart when I look back over my miserable life. It would not have been miserable, if I had not been in rebellion against God. I have been so guilty of destroying most of my own life.

I bowed down at an altar, and ask Jesus to come into my life, at the tender age of seven years old. I don’t think that I really knew what I was doing at the time. I know that I didn’t realize the commitment that I was signing up for. I can‘t even start to tell you what could be so bad in a seven year old child’s life to drive him to Jesus.  Something stirred in my spirit that night, and I made a move on it.
I honestly don’t recall much more than that happening that night, other than shedding a few tears. However, a little over forty years later, I can honestly say, that I believe that Jesus honored that prayer, from a small child. More than that I believe that the angels in heaven threw a whooping celebration!! I believe that the same things happened just the same, as when an adult gives their life to the Lord.
Satan would like for me to have some regrets about how my past has turned out. All the people that I have caused harm, and my family mostly for being the uncouth one. I have done more damage, than I can even realize myself, or speak about. The strange thing is the person that I did the most damage to was myself, but that damage I count as collateral damage, simply because I earned that by myself. I am truly sorry that it all happened, but nobody even wants to hear that again.

There is a verse in the Bible that covers these things also. The apostle Paul wrote an excellent letter to the Romans about such. This can be found in the eighth chapter, and the first verse. Romans 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. There is a lot going on in that verse, where a person might want to take the time to study it out. That entire chapter is like striking a vein in a jewel mine!! It is loaded with great information about who we really are as Christians.

Here is the verse that I was going to use about the goodness, and timing of Father. It is also found in that same chapter. Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Select verses are used to bring sinners to repentance in the book of Roman. It is called, “The Romans Road.” Actually, I believe that some of the finest Biblical teaching can be found in the book of Romans. Especially, if we focus on chapters, six, seven, and eight.       

           ……….Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment