www.billofrights.org

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Being a Christian is right now..

One of the most wondrous things about me is the fact that my creator made me a little different, from most folks. Accepting these minute differences have been challenging throughout most of my life. It has taken me years to come to grips with whom that I really am. I have never really appreciated the difference in myself, because I always wanted to be like somebody else. I know that there has to be at least one reader, who can identify, with where I am coming from.
I believe that there are those of us who take our Salvation for granted also. We think along the lines of now that I am Saved, the next step is to go to Heaven. It is almost like saying; I got mine buddy, and good luck on getting yours!! I am quite certain that Jesus didn’t save us, so we could cop a better than thou attitude!! I know that He didn’t save us to lean back on our laurels, in great anticipation, of the second coming.
Hey,… Wait a minute, because I thought that Salvation is free.      If you are thinking that you’re Salvation was free for yourself. Then you are right. Jesus paid the price for all of our Salvations, and all we have to do is accept this free gift. However, there is a catch to free Salvation.
It is like these companies that offer you free cell phones. I guarantee you that that will send you a free cell phone, out to your own address, and even pay to have it shipped there. When it arrives you can take the phone out of the box, and carry it everywhere that you go. You can even show it to all your friends, and even allow them to hold your brand new cell phone. However, once you decide to start making calls, on your brand new cell phone, the days of totally free have passed!! It has gone from a free deal, to a commitment to show honor to the company, which sent you the phone.
Does that make any sense the way that I have explain it? There will come a time in your life, where to express your Salvation, will cost you something personally. Those of us that live in the United States, really get off cheap. The most that proclaiming Jesus Christ, in our lives is nothing more than ridicule. People will often times call us names, which will hurt our tender little feelings!! They will make fun on us, and often times make fun of our beliefs to our very faces.
In really can’t say what will, or might happen, in other countries around the world. I know that there are some extremely, anti-Jesus societies in our world today. There are some countries where believers live, that if the openly proclaim Jesus, that they would be executed, for their beliefs.
Salvation has always cost something, since the day that Jesus provided the sacrifice for us. Do you realize that every disciple that walked with Jesus was martyred, with the exception of John. John was the only one that lived out his life to a full age. The rest of the disciples suffered horrible deaths, for their belief in Christ. Peter was crucified on a cross upside-down, because he said that he was not worthy to die, in the manner as Jesus.
Now, I have showed you the gloom and doom side. However most of us will not have to experience such torture, as other have went through. I want to bring the excellent side, to proclaiming the Lord Jesus, in our lives. The first miracle that we can claim happens in our own lives. I can only say about myself personally, but my life has turned around completely. I have been healed of a few things, and delivered, from a few others. Jesus has been good to me, and He is not through with me yet!!
The second greatest thing that we get to see is how Jesus works, in the lives of others. Haven’t you realized yet, that Jesus can’t touch a life, without it getting better? Once Jesus touches anything it can’t stay the same as it was before. The Bible is full of examples, and I guess my favorite story is about the mad man of Gadara.  I can’t let this opportunity pass without showing the difference that Jesus made in the life of this man.
Luke 8:27  And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
Luk 8:35  Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
Can you see the difference that Jesus made in just eight verses? How many verses do you think it would take to tell, what a difference was made in your life? I think that it would take several books to tell my story, if I was the one telling it. However, those eight verses were more than sufficient, if Jesus was telling this story of my life. I tend to like to brag about Him!!


         ……..Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment