www.billofrights.org

Saturday, June 15, 2013

None of My Business!!



I spent a good bit of today looking at what other people think, about various different things. I can tell you right now, that I know for a fact, that it is absolutely none of my business what anybody else thinks about anything. What started this was the fact that I have not been guarding my heart as well as I should have been guarding. Proverbs_4:23  Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
I was thinking if I looked up the Pentecostal denomination, that I would find some very interesting facts. Sure enough, I did find some very interesting facts; however they were not the kind, which I was hoping to find. I didn’t realize that every preacher, that has fallen within my generation are linked to the Pentecostal movement. I recall them going as far back to recognize Jimmy Swaggart. I believe that he got caught with a prostitute when I was little. They even called the names of the Bakers; Jim and Tammie Fay.
One name that they called; that I never even thought could be a Pentecostal was Bennie Hinn. Once that they linked him with the Pentecostal denomination, it made more sense to me. Actually, Bennie Hinn was one of those that I never really thought was a real man of God. The things that he did was more like a stage act, that a move of God. When the scandal between Paula White, and Bennie Hinn was made public that simply sealed the deal for myself.
There were more names in the wrongness of the Pentecostals, and far more evidence produced against them. The have linked all the Pentecostals in to one group, and stuck a label on them called heretics!! If I were to go to the other denominations I may, or may not, find the same evidence. More than likely the outcome would be the same. We live in a world where religion is always suspect. They are always those that are trying to disprove the Kingdom.
In all actuality, if they expose the wrong doing without linking them all together, they do well. Jesus said this: Luk 12:2  For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known.
Luk 12:3  Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. They would be doing the Lord a service by exposing them. Not that He needs any help, but it would be great to think that these folks did something to magnify the name of the Lord!!
Yes, and once again, all this is really none of my business. What is my business is to do that verse I quoted from Proverbs. I must keep my heart. I must guard the issues that I let inter into my thinking process. That is what is meant by the heart in this passage. If we are to let something into our thought process, then we are responsible to think it all the way through. We cannot take anything at face value, because there is always more under the surface.
Viewing all this about the Pentecostal denomination has made me review my own church. I had to ask myself the hard questions. Have I saw, or heard anything that has not pointed to Jesus Christ? Has there been any doctrine introduced that says, that there are more than one way to receive salvation?  Has anything been taught that has not come from the King James Version of the Bible? Have we given more honors to any man, more than to Jesus?
I have not placed my church under judgment. I have placed myself, and the activities that I involve myself with under judgment. I find that my activity with my church is warranted, and will promote my Spiritual growth. This is one group of the Pentecostal denomination that does not fit in the same category as the heretics. I have found nothing out of place in my church. I can’t say that I find nothing weird, because they are Pentecostal. The way that they worship God seems to please Him. Isn’t that what it should be about?
I have never been around a group of Pentecostal believers before, and I love the way that they worship. Do you really think in Heaven there will be a special place for the Baptist, Methodist, and Catholic …Etc.?  I am sure that we will all be together, and worshiping Father in a way that pleases Him well.
Denomination is something man came up with, as the believer split down the years. There is no denomination any better that the other. If anybody loves Jesus Christ, and preaches there is no other Salvation except the shed blood of Jesus on the cross, for a sinner like me…….Then they can’t be all that bad. Jesus said these words when a disciple questions another man that was casting out demons, and would not follow the disciples.  Mar 9:40  For he that is not against us is on our part.
Wow!!  We really need to judge ourselves, and see if what we are believing matches what our Bible says. I personally believe that if we agree with the Words in Red, and are walking them out to the best of our ability, then we are on the right track!!
        ………..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment