www.billofrights.org

Monday, June 3, 2013

Mad Desires...The other side



You might be wondering why in the world, would Father allow us to have things, which could wind up separating us, or breaking fellowship with each other? This is really not that complicated to understand, however it will take some explaining to make sense.  We need to go back to the beginning of this verse again. Something had to happen long before we could even think about delighting ourselves in the Lord.
The first thing that we had to do was develop a relationship. How many of us understand that takes some time, and it risky business, at least for us it is. If we are to have a relationship, of any quality matter, then it will deal with issues of trust. I had been on the down side, for so many years, that I had a really hard time trusting anyone, and Father was no exception. If I were to tell the truth of the matter, then I probably trusted Father least of those that I had known.
I am just getting real here. I was a very sick puppy that was dealing with severe issues, which are traceable back, to my first grade class in school. Actually, I got my first issue of trust, at the early age of eighteen months old, while viewing my daddy pointing his pistol at me. From that time forward I was really confused about who I could put my trust in.
Maybe some relationships are built much quicker than others. However, the fact does remain that they do have to be built, and it does take some substantial amounts of time.
The second factor into why this could be possible is our design. We were created in the image of God. We were designed exactly to reflect the attributes of our Father. We were given free will. We have the right to choose what we want to believe in our lives. We get to serve who that we want to serve.
Father did not want a race of folks that had to love and serve Him. He wanted to give us the opportunity to make a choice. We can make that decision based on a possibility of variable things. What we see and what we hear. Even what we read can contribute to our decision making process. Although, nothing actually works until Holy Spirit knocks on our hearts door!!
With all that being said, I will attempt to bring it all in together. Why would Father let us have something that could hurt our relationship? The first being that fact that if God said it in His Word, it will come to pass. Paul wrote in two different books that God cannot lie. (Titus1:2, Hebrews 6:18) if God has said such a thing, then He will honor that Word that He said!!
I pointed out that before he would let something bad for us to be given into our hands, which Holy Spirit would come to our rescue. I have found that He never waste any time dealing with trivial matters. If Holy Spirit is knocking on the hearts door it is of the upmost importance. Now, after Holy Spirit has pleaded, and warned you of the danger involved with getting this desire. Would it be safe to say that this desire has moved into a different category of a temptation?
Paul wrote another beautiful verse concerning temptations in the book of first Corinthians.  1Co 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
I believe that your way of escape just has left when you accepted to go against the pleading of Holy Spirit; but God is still faithful. He only let you have that desire, because He loves, and trust you, to do the right thing with the process of it. That is why Jesus came into this world in the first place. To seek and save that which was lost, and being saved does not make us immune from making bad choices.
I make my share of bad choices, but the lovely thing about it is when I fall at the feet of Jesus. I cry out to Him to forgive me, because of my stubbornness, by not heeding the prompting of Holy Spirit. I repent of putting myself ahead, of the needs of my savior. I promise with my whole heart to try to do better in future circumstances. And as I am doing this, I feel His arms wrapping around me, and I hear His voice reaffirming, His love for me. This is one of the best feelings, which a Christian can experience.
I pray that whomever needs to be reading this gets as much from it as I did writing these words down. I myself am being schooled in the fine arts of what being a Christian is all about. I can say to you honestly that there is no downfall with being a Christian. All we are called to do is simply suit up, and stand. (Ephesians 6:13) God will do the rest. The more that I study His Word, I find everything already set up for us to win!!

         …………Much Love


No comments:

Post a Comment