www.billofrights.org

Monday, June 3, 2013

Mad Desire...



There is a verse in the Word that deals with heart desires. Psa 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Before this verse will work at all, you first have to delight yourself in the Lord. Delight simply means to find great pleasure in, or to receive great pleasure in the Lord. Once your main focus is on Jesus, and the work of the cross. Then you can have a clean repentant spirit, and are seeking the guidance of Holy Spirit.
For me, it is thinking about Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit all the day long. There is a Holy song playing in my heart, and always a silent prayer in my Spirit. Do you realize what I am saying when I say, a Holy song playing in my heart? Often times I wake up humming something, that I am really comfortable with humming. It’s like something I know, but even still I don’t know what it is.
The best way that I can explain this is putting this act in the same category as tongues. I have never spoken in tongues, but I have witnessed in several times. When I am doing this, I truly believe that my Spirit is in communication with Holy Spirit. It is pretty much happening all the day long, and the volume goes up and down. Sometimes it is really low, and if I don’t focus in on it, then it can be missed. Being missed does not mean that it is not there. It simply means that my focus is on something else.
The times that the volume is getting really loud are the times that are coming out, from my body, by way of humming. Something is bubbling up in my spirit. I am not really sure what it is, but this verse gives me a great clue. Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
Holy Spirit is a great mystery to me. I don’t understand anything, but what He chooses to reveal to me. I truly believe that He is very active in my everyday life. I believe that our Spirits are knit together like finely woven mesh. I believe that He is always speaking to me, leading, and guiding me in the ways of the Lord.
I know that I am all over the place with this post. I am simply stating how I qualify for the first part of the verse, in the ways that I delight myself in the Lord. The things that I have said are just a glimpse into my personal ways of delighting myself, in the Lord. It is in no way conclusive. I could write an entire post on that subject alone.
The only reason that I was addressing this verse is the second part. And He shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Now, we have a couple ways of looking at this verse. Will the Lord make His desires become yours, or will He simply give you the desires of your own heart? One again, I will be giving my own personal thoughts on this subject. I believe both of the schools of thought are applicable here.
Once again, you must delight yourself in the Lord to even get the ball rolling. I wasn’t one of those folks that got saved, and caught ablaze for the things of the Lord. I got saved at an early age, and fell away from the teaching into an abyss of personal hell. I believed Satan’s lies, and didn’t believe that God was any longer trust worthy. I saying all this because by the time that I came back to Jesus, I brought with me severe issues.
It took me some time to delight myself in the Lord. It was a process for me. Even before I could think about delighting myself I had to get to trusting Him once again. I wasn’t sure that Father really loved me, and had my best interest at heart. I really didn’t know what love really was, and I surely didn’t love myself. That was apparent by my former lifestyle.
There is not a point of significance, which I can claim, that things started to change. I just know that it did change gradually for me. Before I knew it I was thinking as the Lord thinks. What is important to Him is suddenly important to me. Jesus came to seek, and save that which was lost.( Luke 19:10) Since, I was that which was lost, I am now so impressed with what was done for me, that I want to be a sounding board for Jesus crossed the world.
Most of the desires of my heart are the ones, which Jesus placed into my heart. I accept these desires willingly, but I also have other desires. I have a God given free will to pick and choose what I find of importance. I believe once your relationship is built up to the point, that you can trust for all your needs to be met by Father. That He can trust you to choose the desires wisely.
Let’s say that I make a bad decision, will Father still honor the Word, and allow us to have that bad choice? The answer to this question is a resounding yes. He will allow you to have something that is not good for you, but not without Holy Spirit pleading with you, to not accept the desire. You must remember a desire does not pop up overnight. It is something that has been entertained, in your mind long enough, to become a desire.                    {This is the end of the first part.}

No comments:

Post a Comment