www.billofrights.org

Friday, May 31, 2013

Stubborn as an old mule!!



I must be getting really slow in my older years. I just realized today that I am only a few streets from where I started out on my Jacksonville adventure. I went riding today, and I was in my first old neighborhood, before I even realized it. Things have sure changed here, and they really needed to change for the better. The area that I am talking about is the Springfield district.
My first house that I stayed in is long gone now. I guess that it should have been condemned while I was living inside of it. I believe that we had a couch, and one bed. It only had a bathtub with no shower. I rode through the neighborhood, and it all cleaned up now. I didn’t even see one drug dealer standing on any of the corners. Most of the houses have been, or in the process of being remodeled.
Do you know what I found to be the strangest thing about my ride today? There were several churches in that small neighborhood. I don’t even recall there being any. Then again, I wasn’t really concerned with a church back then. I didn’t have any use for God either, because I didn’t believe that He had any use for me either.
I was under the influence back in that time, that they only use that God had for me was to make me miserable. The best that I could tell, He was doing a fine job of it!! I lived in the worst part of town. I felt like I had to fight every other day, or I would be run over. There was nothing good about me, and nothing nice ever came out of my mouth. I was a miserable old cuss, and I proved it daily.
My life is so different today, than it was back then. Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I watched the Nathan Morris video from Saturday night. I love what God is doing in his life. I could feel the presence of Holy Spirit while watching the video. I know this for a fact, because my emotions were unstable. Cry like a baby, and then laugh like a hyena. That is how Holy Spirit affects me most of the time.
I am sure that I didn’t tell you, but my clock radio works better while sitting on my desk. I now sure why, but it does. I will usually listen to this Christian radio station, until I get ready to go out for the day. I decided that I would look up a couple of the preacher today on the internet. I know that this might be hard to believe, but do you know that both of them had died years ago.
I know that the Word of God is timeless. It will remain true until beyond infinity. However, I found it strange that both of those preachers were dead. Speaking of folks being dead. Do you know who John Hagee is? He is another of those preachers on television, who preaches at Cornerstone Church in San Antonio Texas. I used to listen to him a lot a few years ago.
Long story shorter…He has written another book, and he will be at a Wal-Mart, somewhere here in Florida, or Southern Georgia. I didn’t get all the detail, because I was floored at the fact that he will be there!! He is willing to sign every copy that is sold on that day. Now, I am thinkin’, that poor old John must have rubbed his illuminate brotherhood the wrong way, if he will be signing books at a Wal-Mart here in Florida.
I guess it is ok to write books. I guess that it is even ok to promote those books that you write. The part that I can’t see where it is ok to do, is leave your church unattended, and come to Florida to sign books.
 He will probably never see this, but I wish that he could. I would love to ask him if God is not paying him enough to tend his flock. Maybe the Bible is not speaking plain enough English for folks to understand it?  Yeah, that has got to be it!!  Ok…I really need to back off of this subject. Holy Spirit is telling me that it is none of my business again. He has been doing that a lot this week!!
I just had another radical thought. Maybe it is John Jr. signing his book at the Wal-Mart. I have no idea if he has started writing yet, but I am sure that Sr. is grooming him to follow in his footsteps. I am being told that it still is none of my business.  Oh well……
You do realize that we have been the Spirit of discernment for a reason right? We are to use it to guide us on what we listen to, and who that we believe. Jesus showed us that in the book of Luke, when Mary and Joseph realized that He wasn’t in the procession going back home. They found Him inside the temple sitting, and talking with the instructors, or masters of the law. Jesus was simple blowing their mind with His knowledge. When Mary and joseph questioned Jesus, this was the answer that He gave them; Luke 2:49 and he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father's business?
It seems to me if that was the thing that Jesus valued the most, shouldn’t it be the same for us?

                   …………Much Love   

No comments:

Post a Comment