www.billofrights.org

Friday, May 17, 2013

We all Struggle with Something!!


Here is a thought, that ran crossed my mind the other day, and so far, I have not let it go. It is in no way a negative thought. I was talking with one of the men, that I live around, the other day. Apparently, this guy was having a pretty though time. He went off into this rant, about how nothing was going right in his life, at that particular moment. I was simply standing there listening to what he had to say, when suddenly he stopped in mid-sentence.

He started looking at me very strangely, for what seemed like an eternity. Then he said, “Sorry dude. I’m just having a bad day. I am just being real with you. I am not where you are, it seems all of the time. Maybe one day, I can get where you are at, but today I don’t want to even try.”

That just lets me know that something powerful, is working in my life. That something has a name, and it is Jesus Christ. I don’t think that I portray a holier than thou attitude. I just feel like my basic everyday walk, reflects my relationship with Christ. I really love the new me that, I am in the process of becoming. I rarely have many down moments, grouped together any more, although, I do have those from time to time.

I did have something very interesting, to happen to myself yesterday afternoon. I was trying to have a conversation with one of those folks, which require their conversations, to be very colorful. Do you know what I am getting at?  He liked to cuss often, and quite heavy. He is of the controlling nature. I promise you, that this man neither said anything, that I have never heard, or said myself.

I used to be a person of the same nature as he. It is just the old sin nature that we used to live by daily. Anyway, I probably didn’t stand there but maybe, five minutes. However, in those few short minutes, my cussing nature came back fluently!! It was so deceptive, that I didn’t even realize that I had said anything off key at first. If Holy Spirit, had not have brought it to my attention. I would have never realized that I had done it.

I need to be really careful of those that I am associating around. If that happened in five minutes or less, just imagine what a half hour could produce. I have not been called to live in a place of sanctuary. I have spent the last two years of my life in a sanctuary. It is time for me, to let this light inside of me shine, so all can see, and be drawn to the giver of light.

Paul warned us of this in the book of Corinthians. 1Co 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.  I had known this could happen. In fact I knew if prolonged exposure, would have taken place that, it would happen. I didn’t know, that just a few minutes of exposure, would light a fire, of the magnitude, that it did in me yesterday.

I really struggle with the use of bad language anyway. That is one of those things that just keep hanging around. It has a tendency to manifest at the worst possible times, and can be the cause of major embarrassment. Most of the time, it is in my thoughts, hidden in seclusion. There is where I deal with it most of the time.

In the effort, to deal with such madness, I go back to the Second book of Corinthians to find my help.  2Co_10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;   

I was taught a way that I think that is very cool to work this verse. Bringing every though to the obedience of Jesus is a very simple process. Whatever you are dealing with, simply say that, and add to it, in Jesus name. Example: I blanket blank you in Jesus name!! I want to sleep with Sister Sally, in Jesus name!! I bless my friend in Jesus name. Can you see just the association with the name of Christ is a no brainer in most cases?

I am happy, very happy, to report even still with all my failures, that my life is really sweet right now. I am not engaging in a daily battle with any substance. For the first time in my life without using something else to override it, food isn’t a problem today. I am starting to lose weight slowly, and that is ok. If I can lose it slow then maybe it will stay off my body. I am not going to sweat it though, because if I am to fit the phrase, “Butterball,” then so be it.

I am too old, and much too wise to be suffering from extreme vanity. Vanity is for the younger generation, which still might have something to be vein over. Have you ever noticed that, Salvation is for your soul, and to affect your mind requires much work? 

      ………..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment