www.billofrights.org

Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Secret Sin('s)

Isn’t it strange that God knows what we need to do, even if it is something that we really don’t care to be doing? I really can’t recall the first time that I got up this morning. I am thinking it was around ten this morning. I know that it didn’t take me long to lie back down in bed. I did read my devotional for today, which was titled especially for me.    It was called, “Secret Sins.”
The reason that I stayed in bed so late was because of a secret sin. Actually, my secret sin kept me lying down until two-o’clock, this afternoon. I still don’t feel really good, but I am forcing myself to stay up. I need to do a few things, mostly regarding this blog. I have several posts, which I haven’t even made it to the Internet yet.        Yeah, Yeah, Yeah …I am going to reveal my secret sin.              Give me a minute!!
It is a little white pill called Hydrocodone. It is a cheap imitation of a real pill given for major back pain. At least that is why that they gave them to me. It has more acetaminophen than a pain killing substance. I really have found that if I don’t take that drug my back doesn’t really hurt all that much. I don’t understand how it can make me feel more pain, but it does.
If my back is hurting greatly without taking then, then it helps to take a few. The only problem is that a few can quickly turn into several days. This time it turned into three days straight. I forget why I don’t take them, but I was reminded today. The reason is that they make me very sick if I don’t keep taking them.
Having taken them for three days is a miracle in itself. Once I start I pretty much take all that I have and I am really sick for a few days. The reason that I know that taking them is my secret sin is simple. I take them like a junkie would, instead of how it says to on the bottle. More than likely if my devotional for today had been about anything else, I would probably been going on day four.
It is really a horrible mess when I get this way. It causes my days to vanish quickly, and it does affect my relationship with Jesus. I missed the Sunday service at my church. There is no telling the opportunities that I don’t even know about, that could have been missed. I know that I didn’t miss the Saturday night service. Because I missed that service was probably the reason that I took then to begin with.
Now, I am bearing my secret sin for the whole world to know. You might not think that there are people that read this blog, that actually know me, However I beg to differ. What would make any one of my readers think, that they have all the haters to themselves?             Actually, a few must have slipped through the cracks, because I have a couple of my very own!!        Having my own set of haters is really good for me.     They help to keep me in line, and I can use all the help that is available!!
I hope that y’all realize that Father is happy with me right now. He might have been happier if I hadn’t got in this mess to begin with, but it is too late for that thought now. Jesus has taken me too far to be playing games anymore. If I fall, or fail, I plan to quickly run back into His arms, with a Spirit of repentance. It is getting to the point that life is getting shorter by the day.
A friend of mine told me that my buddy that was with me, though out the program that I attended, has been missing for the past five days. That will usually mean that he returned to the former life. The best case scenario is that he is no longer employed. Either way, when he first told me, I exclaimed that he should have known better than profess God, and screw people over.     Myself being the one that he did wrong.
Holy Spirit got on me quickly for that reply. A stern “James,” rolled through my spirit, and I hit my knees. Father, forgive me of my bad attitude, and help my friend get back on the right path. Please don’t let his five little ones suffer, because of him.
All in all, it has been a magnificent week, for the chance for me to repent. I believe that I have had the privilege to stay at the feet of Jesus more than normal. Although, I don’t mind at all, because I have grown quite comfortable in that position. As long as I am in that position, it keeps me from  being in trouble elsewhere. 
………….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment