www.billofrights.org

Monday, May 20, 2013

Speaking of Struggle....


How great is our God?    Every day, I think that I come, a little closer to an answer, for that question. Then again, He just keeps letting me see something else, so I don’t have a clue.  Often times, during my night time prayer, I do nothing more than just worship Father with praise. I am changing. I am falling head over heels with Jesus!! He is truly my provider, and protector.
Can I just get real with my readers?  Today was a day of great temptation for me. I have had a problem, with drinking alcohol, for most of my adult life. During the past ten, to fifteen years, I have become much better, at controlling the habit. I have not drunk for a few years, and then start back again. The last time that I drank alcohol, was in the year 2011.
Today was a real humdinger for me. I wanted to drank an ice cold Budweiser so bad. I don’t know what triggered this craving, but something must have done it. The problem was, the fact that I knew, that I could drink a few cold ones today. I spend some time justifying why I should drink some beer. The first reason is that it is legal at my age. The second reason is that, I don’t believe that God sees it as wrong.
However, I am convinced that those same rules do not apply in my case. I have had some serious consequences, because of my inability to drink, in a responsible way. The worst thing that would happen is that it would sever my fellowship, with the Lord.  Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
I would love to tell you that some great miracle happened in my life, because of this temptation. Maybe it did, and then again maybe it didn’t, of this I am not sure. I only know that my life walking with Jesus has been a lot more civil, than the time that I have spent with Satan. This was truly a battle, and this is how I overcame this problem. I put it into the hands of Jesus, and took a short nap. When I awoke I had peace once again in my spirit.
I have finished watching the Bible series. All in all, I wasn’t all that impressed with what I saw. I did enjoy the last half of the series much more, than the first. The actor that played Jesus Christ was so believable in his actions, and the attitude that he possessed. Diaogo Morgado was his name, and I don’t know how hard it was to find him, but they did well.
I am thinking the only reason that I even finished this series is because of my love for Jesus. The fact that Diaogo portrayed Him so well is the second factor. There were really two different scenes that I enjoyed the most. The first one is where Jesus first introduced Himself to Peter. Jesus was wading out chest deep in the water to get to the boat that Peter was on. Peter said, “What are you doing? You just can’t climb aboard a man’s boat like that!”
Jesus replied, “You are so right. Why don’t you give me a hand getting on your boat?” The last of this scene Peter asked Jesus, “What are we going to do now?” Jesus simply replied, “We are going to change the world.”
The last scene of the movie where John was on the Isle of Patmos by himself. He was thinking about what Jesus had said, and suddenly Jesus was there speaking to him. I believe what I loved the most about this scene was the fact that John was so convincing. He had been longing to see Jesus, and Jesus appears to John. John had these really large tears flooding his eyes, and I could just feel the joy that he had at that time.
The reason that I said that if it wasn’t the second half I probably wouldn’t have even finished it was simple. It didn’t stay true to the Bible completely. There were a few variances. There was a disclaimer at the front of every part of the series that read: This program is an adaption of Bible stories that changed our world. It endeavors to stay true to the spirit of the book.
I want to repeat myself from an earlier post. I am not giving this series a bad review. I did not find the differences blasphemous in any way. I am neither recommending, that anybody watch, or don’t watch this program. I would imagine, that it is really hard to tell the story of the Bible, in under ten hours’ time.
           …………Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment