www.billofrights.org

Monday, May 20, 2013

Laughter is Healing


Who cut down the cherry tree?

A farmer grabbed his 10-year-old son and asked, “Did you cut down that cherry tree?”            “Yes, Daddy, I did.” – the boy replied sobbing.      “I cannot tell a lie.”       The farmer grabbed the boy, put him on his knee and whaled the tar out of him.                  “But, Daddy,” the boy cried, “George Washington’s father didn’t do that to him when he cut down that cherry tree when he was a boy. ”                  “That’s true,” the father replied, “but George Washington’s father wasn’t sitting in the tree when he cut it down!”

Letter to the MOM

A mother enters her daughter's bedroom and sees a letter on the wall over the bed.  With the worst premonition, she reads it, with trembling hands:        "It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I eloped with my new boyfriend.     I found real passion and he is so nice, with all his piercing and tattoos and his big motorcycle, But is not only that Mom, I'm pregnant and tom said that we will very happy in his trailer in the woods.     He wants to have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams.     I've learned that marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and he'll be growing it for us and his friends, who are providing us with all the cocaine and ecstasy we may want.      In the meantime, we'll pray for the science to find the AIDS cure, for tom to get better, he deserves it.    Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself.       Someday I'll visit for you to know your grandchildren.    Your daughter,
Judith        PS:
Mom, it's not true.      I'm at the neighbor's house.        I just wanted to show you that there are worst this in life than my report card that's in the desk drawer.
 

Old dog new tricks

An older, tired-looking dog wandered into my yard.        I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home and was well taken care of.       He calmly came over to me, I gave him a few pats on his head. He then followed me into my house, slowly walked down the hall, curled up in the corner and fell asleep.        An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.               The next day he was back, greeted me in my yard, walked inside and resumed his spot in the hall and again slept for about an hour. This continued off and on for several weeks.                      Curious I pinned a note to his collar: 'I would like to find out who the owner of this wonderful sweet dog is and ask if you are aware that almost every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.'                The next day he arrived for his nap, with a different note pinned to his collar:              'He lives in a home with non-stopping chatting wife, 6 children, 2 under the age of 3 - he's trying to catch up on his sleep.               Can I come with him tomorrow?        ……………….Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment