www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Bible series


I just got the entire series, from the History Channel titled, The Bible, on my computer yesterday. I watched three and one half episodes last night. I don’t know how many of my readers, have watched this series, or a part of this series. I am still filled with mixed emotions about the accuracy, of some of the scenes.

I realized that they just raced through the Bible, to get to certain places, to hit the high spots, as they discerned them. I am not setting out to give this series a bad revue. I hope that I don’t see anything down the line, which would change my mind. Over all so far, I am planning on checking a couple events that was portrayed for accuracy. I believe as Christians living in the last days, which we need to, know the truth, of matters concerning the Bible.
The part where Moses led the people of Israel through the Red Sea was an overall bust to me. I loved the way that the water parted. I thought that was a fabulous illustration, that I never before thought about. However, I was disappointed with the amount of the Israelites that crossed through. The fact that the water was not far away from them to keep them dry was crazy also.  In Exodus 14:22, it said that they crossed over on dry ground, and the way it was portrayed, nothing could have been dry.
I guess that they were on a budget when they filmed this series. It would seem that the budget was pretty low, because of the amount of extras. Maybe I simply know a lot more about the Bible than those that were hired to do research. Maybe I am trying to compare this series, with the epic movie titled, The Ten Commandments, that came out in 1956. If I am trying to compare the two, then the movie wins hands down!!
I have not found any thing in this series to call heretical. It does remind me on a scene in the book of Luke, where John, and Jesus is having a conversation. These are the verses: Luke 9:49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.  Luke 9:50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
I know for a fact if God wants to recover one of His little lost ones through this series. Then that is exactly what He will do!! We serve an awesome God, who is willing to fight, all of our battles for us. All we have to do is bring them to an altar, and place them at the feet of Jesus. Do you realize how many battles are wiped out, at Jesus feet?
 I think that sometimes we forget the importance of the feet of Jesus. That is the place that we receive the power to go forth and spread the Gospel. That is the place that we sit, while the Master is talking to us. If we would spend more time, in the position of a bird’s eye view of those feet, then we wouldn’t suffer the pain, which we often go through.
Can y’all see some Heaven coming into view, or is it just me? I believe that we are going to get our chance to do, what the disciples got to do. I believe that we all are going to get a chance, to walk with Jesus. Plus, I believe that we are going to sit, at His feet, as He teaches us. I also believe that Jesus will be answering, any questions that, we may have for Him.
If you would care to think about it, Heaven is really going to be a happening place!!  Jesus wasn’t a boring person while He walked the earth. The people that liked Him were always inviting Jesus to parties. Father required the Israelites to set aside days just for feast. Jesus was well known throughout the region, and well-liked by most.
I am not sure about all things taking place in Heaven. I think that there will be entertainment. I know that there will be singing, and praising like we have never experienced. I am quite sure that the Angelic Host will be putting on a great show!! The way the book of Revelations, describes the scene around the Throne, it sounds pretty exciting to me.
Plus, wouldn’t you like to talk with some of your favorite heroes of the Bible? I wonder how long it would take, to meet in person, all the residents of Heaven. Maybe that is one of the reasons, that we will have an eternity, to enjoy our new home?
         …………..Much Love

 

No comments:

Post a Comment