www.billofrights.org

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Den of Vipers!!


Another day has just about come and gone. I have been, in my new home, days short of a month. I have started putting the facts together, of just where I live now. After spending, the last two years inside the mission, preparing myself, for anything, that I might come up against, I can see how that, was time well spent.
Actually, I was dealing with the same type of people, in the mission, as I live with now. I see a lot of mental issues, on the property that I live on. I can recognize them mostly, from my short visit, in the State nut ward. Plus, the few times, that I have had the opportunity, to visit the more local ones. There is something very special, about the way that some folks move, and the gestures, that they will make.
I am dealing with a lot more people, in an active addiction. Some of them are full blown, but for the most part, they are simply too poor, to allow it to go that far. I find myself having conversations, with people under the influence, of some chemical, on a daily basis. The last of the month is a very harsh time around here. I see folks selling their groceries, to raise money for beer.
I can’t remember trying to sell any food, for beer money. Maybe, I didn’t have any food to sell. I remember days, of trying to sell anything, which was not tied down, for another hit of crack cocaine. I don’t think that I will ever be able, to forget the misery, that drug put me through!!
Can I be real, with my readers, which have never smoked crack before? It is a drug, straight from the pits of hell!! The first area, of a person’s being, that it attacks, is the soul!! It will make, whoever that is smoking the stuff, do things that they, would not even normally think about doing. It is evil in the purest sense of the word!!
I have had the people that live here, try to sell me stuff, which I know, that they will need later on. I haven’t really had any money, to part with, for foolishness. I really can’t recall, being offered anything, which I needed, or could use. I have been spending my money, on the things that I need, for everyday living.
As you can tell, by what that I have written so far, that I am living, in a pit of vipers. I don’t know how much longer, that this can last, but for the meantime, I am not being affected, by what is going on around me. I have not had any urges, or desire to participate, in any of the activities that surround me. God has, and is continuing, to be good to me!!
There are few that know my name, but I am known, by several different names, in this crowd. Some call me Deacon, and some call me Preacher. Then there are those, which simply call me brother. It must just be the way that I carry myself, because I have not even approached anyone to witness so far. There have been those, that have approached me, and I don’t hold anything back, while we are talking. I shoot the Gospel straight, and to the point!!
I have invited one man, to attend church with me, this past Sunday. I am not sure what happened with him, because he went with me. However, he did not make it through the service. Actually, he left before the service even started. We sat through the last half of Sunday school, and went to sit where we wanted in the sanctuary. Minutes before the service started, he got up, and said that he was out of here. I have never asked him why. I thought, that if he wanted to tell me, what had happened, that he would. I wonder, if he will be planning, to attend this Sunday?
I know that as Christians, we are always in one, of three places. We are either heading, into a storm. We are in a storm, or just coming out, of a storm. I was coming out of a storm, when I moved into this place. The reason that I say this is because; things have been too smooth, for all this month now. I know that there is not a time limit, on either of these variables.  That is why that we call them as such. They can vary, and tarry for, as long, as the Lord will allow.
As strange as this does sound, I am looking forward to some adversity. I know that without some, from time to time, that we can’t be fit, for the Lord to use. I learned this from listening to a sermon, from John Kilpatrick. I really want Jesus, to be able to use myself, in any way, which He chooses, to use me. I have avoided the call, for most of my life, and now, I want to step into action. There could be several ways, in which to look at that statement. I would prefer to see it as perfect timing. In the right place, at the right time!!
I know that it is no accident, which I am living amongst, mostly heathen acting folks. I really don’t believe in accidents, at least, not anymore. I believe everything that happens is part of a divine plan. I really don’t understand why we are going through, the things that we do. However, I have read the owner’s manual, for life here on earth, and I am defiantly on the winning side!!
             …………..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment