www.billofrights.org

Monday, May 13, 2013

Solomon wrote this gem!!


I am trying something new that I have never tried before. I am boiling eggs in the crock pot. I have learned to cook noodles, in the crock pot, so I thought that I would try, something, a little different. It doesn’t take an egg, but ten minutes boiling to be finished. My dilemma is that the eggs have been in the crock, for three hours now, and the water is still not boiling. Oh well, this is turning out to be a test of patience.
I am very happy to report that after everything was said and done, I got perfect ten minute boiled eggs. The only problem was it took me three, and one half hours!! I must have done something wrong, because it only took me two hours, to cook ground beef, and vegetables, for spaghetti sauce tonight.
There is a scripture that keeps knocking on the door, of my mind today. It is found in the book of Proverbs, chapter three, and verse six.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. I just keep sitting here, amazed at that verse. Maybe the proper word would be that I am mesmerized, by those twelve simple words. That is actually a really heavy promise, behind an action, that we as Christians should love to do.
The book of Proverbs is one of the books of wisdom, in the Bible. It was written by Solomon. Solomon was the son of King David, and he reigned as king after his father David. David is known as the man after God’s own heart. (Acts 13:22)  Solomon could not have too far behind David, because God blessed him greatly. It say’s in (2 Samuel 12:24) that the Lord loved Solomon at birth. In the book of Second Chronicles, 1:7, it says that night, did the Lord appear to Solomon, and ask him what that he wanted for God to give him. Actually God appeared before Solomon twice.
Solomon asks God for wisdom. He wanted to rule over Israel well. God was so impressed with what that he ask for, that he gave Solomon the most wisdom, that any man on the earth, has ever had.(2 Chronicles 1:7-12) I guess that all things fall short concerning man. Solomon allowed his seven hundred wives’, to turn the heart of Solomon, way from God. He started dipping, and dabbling in other Gods. (1 Kings 11:4)
That did not have an effect on what Solomon wrote. He was the wisest man to ever walk the earth, short of Jesus. In all thy way acknowledge Him, is a super statement to make. I must point out a fact here that might solve a few issues. Not that any of my readers would have issues, but you might know some folks that do.
We were created in the image of our Father. That is where that we get our craving for attention from. We all crave a lot of attention from the time that we are born, until the day that we die. Then there are those kinds. There are always those kinds if you ever noticed. There are those kinds like myself who claim that they want to be invisible. They don’t require much or any added attention. I have come to realize that these require much more attention than normal. Actually, so much that it can be embarrassing at times!!
Father is no different, and He really deserves all, of our attention. If we would simply, acknowledge Him, in all of our ways. He truly would direct our paths. Father would love to direct our paths, to make us more like Him. What does that really mean though? All of our ways. Does that mean when my flesh overrides my Spirit, and I cuss somebody out? Does that have anything to do, with my sexual behaviors, or my drinking, and taking drugs? Are you talking about my tithing, or my lack of tithing?
All pretty much means all!! This is the stuff that can set people free, of some things, if you just stay with me. The definition of all, by the Sage’s English Dictionary is, completely given, or absorbed by. Webster’s 1869 Dictionary has this to say: Wholly; completely; entirely; the whole quantity, extent, duration, amount, quality, or degree.
I know that most of us don’t really have a problem acknowledging the Lord, when we are behaving well. If you will think about it, that is the time, that we are on our best behavior. That is when; we shouldn’t have need of, that much correction. It is the times that we feel that we are losing control, or have lost control, when Holy Spirit is chomping, at the bits to help. I have come to realize, that Holy Spirits’ main concern, is with God’s children. He is ever willing, and trying to help, us to be, more like Jesus.
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths!!   Man, ain’t that just, the coolest Thought that you have had today? A dear friend brought that to my attention, about a month ago. I have been stewing, and brewing over that this entire time. I feel like a kid, having his first trip, into a real candy store!! Shouldn’t the Word of God make us all feel like that?
                ………..Much Love

No comments:

Post a Comment